It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2007, 01:55 AM   #1
(male)

dkher_sw HB User
Really Worried

Hi All I am new to this forum and i am really worried.I started noticing twitches in my left arm 2 months ago but didnot pay atention to it.At that time i had joined the new job and it was stressful as i got only 5 hours of sleep and had to tarvel for 4 hours.I left that job immediately and now i have a very relaxed job.I joined gym recently but left.
The thing i am worried is that these twitches have become more precise i can feel them and can even see them and now they are all over body.Now my legs are twitching and twitching in my arm has stopped.I am also feeling wierd sensations in my legs as if they are going to be energyless.I can feel dizzines and some kind of vibrations also in my body.I can say that twitching is not as offen but those weird sensations are always present in my legs.I mostly twitch in thighs and calfs of legs and i also have bit of pain in my legs.They mostly happen when i am sitting in front of systema t work and at night when i go to bed.
I am very anxious person and get paniced with even little things and search net then.When i searched net for these symptoms icould only find ALS or BFS and i am really scared by reading about it.I cant concentrate on my work.
Recently i read the cholestreol reducing drug Statin may be related to ALS.I had cholesterol and i took Statin for less than even month some time an year ago.At that time i started playing tennis and cricket and i had sever cramps in my legs and my right hand wrist.ALhtough they got fine in 10-15 days and i stopped Statin.But from that time i had problems with my wrist it has happened twice with me till now but it become fine after some time.I am able to do my normal things properly i can walk,run and my fitness trainer was impressed with my energy levels and work out.

I am a 25 year old male.
What i want to ask are these symptoms of ALS??And has Statin done the damage to my nerves and ALS symptoms are arising of that.??

I am really worried and can anybody help me out from this thing.

Last edited by dkher_sw; 07-09-2007 at 02:17 AM. Reason: forgot some points

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2007, 05:03 AM   #2
(female)

lisaboyle HB User
Re: Really Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkher_sw View Post
Hi All I am new to this forum and i am really worried.I started noticing twitches in my left arm 2 months ago but didnot pay atention to it.At that time i had joined the new job and it was stressful as i got only 5 hours of sleep and had to tarvel for 4 hours.I left that job immediately and now i have a very relaxed job.I joined gym recently but left.
The thing i am worried is that these twitches have become more precise i can feel them and can even see them and now they are all over body.Now my legs are twitching and twitching in my arm has stopped.I am also feeling wierd sensations in my legs as if they are going to be energyless.I can feel dizzines and some kind of vibrations also in my body.I can say that twitching is not as offen but those weird sensations are always present in my legs.I mostly twitch in thighs and calfs of legs and i also have bit of pain in my legs.They mostly happen when i am sitting in front of systema t work and at night when i go to bed.
I am very anxious person and get paniced with even little things and search net then.When i searched net for these symptoms icould only find ALS or BFS and i am really scared by reading about it.I cant concentrate on my work.
Recently i read the cholestreol reducing drug Statin may be related to ALS.I had cholesterol and i took Statin for less than even month some time an year ago.At that time i started playing tennis and cricket and i had sever cramps in my legs and my right hand wrist.ALhtough they got fine in 10-15 days and i stopped Statin.But from that time i had problems with my wrist it has happened twice with me till now but it become fine after some time.I am able to do my normal things properly i can walk,run and my fitness trainer was impressed with my energy levels and work out.

I am a 25 year old male.
What i want to ask are these symptoms of ALS??And has Statin done the damage to my nerves and ALS symptoms are arising of that.??

I am really worried and can anybody help me out from this thing.
Hi,
I have been experienceing the same thing since May 2006, at first I was really worried that I had MS or Motor Neuron disease, I went for 2 MRI scans, which were clear and a visit to a neuroligist, he said that there was nothing wrong with me.
However a few months ago I stumbled upon BFS while searching the internet for answers, and am convinced this is what I have, I am an anxious person, have a full time pressurised job and 3 small kids, so I have a lot on.
My symptoms started out with tinglining in my hands and arms, and my legs felt like "jelly" as If they were going to give way, the muscle twitching started after that , and I feel like my insides are trembling, sometimes its worse than others. I also find it hard to concentrate when the symptoms are at thir worst, and it affects my eyes aswell.
I am convinced that there is nothing serious wrong with me and it was a huge relief to find the condition on the internet, I have read where people are experiencing the exact same symptoms as me and that made a huge difference to me as I thought I had a serious disease and was extremly worried.
I have not gone back to my doctor since as I was relieved, however I may go back and see if there is any medication out there that can help.
Try not to worry, I am sure it is nothing serious

Old 07-15-2007, 10:18 PM   #3
(male)

dkher_sw HB User
Re: Really Worried

Thanks a ton Lisa,I think internet if used should only be used by persons who are strong and can think logically not like us who are anxious and come to our own conclusion.I really hope for all of us that we will be fine and will live a normal life.Thanks again for being so helpful.

Closed Thread