It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
(male)

browser3 HB User
Unhappy i have the symptoms....advice?

I'm a 21 year old student, and I'm trying very hard to figure some things out right now. I noticed shaky hands over the summer when i was trying to do something very carefully. Also around that time I noticed a twitch in my head that was very minor and paid no attention to it. As of 2 weeks ago it started getting bad, I can't do simple things in my lab with one hand. It starts shaking violently the more I try to control it. Also I'm having trouble keeping my head still as I try to concentrate on something, or have a conversation with people. I believe the symptoms are getting worse every day so I set up a doctors appointment for my next break from school which is 4 weeks away. I'm debating going home asap though if it gets worse.

I've been reading symptons and I have no speech problems of any sort or tripping. Also I read it is rare for someone of my age to have this. Not sure what I am asking for, just nervous. Are my symptoms synonymous with ALS? Should I not wait as long as I am to get this checked? Sorry for the long rant.

*btw, one of my uncles was diagnosed with als

Last edited by browser3; 09-17-2007 at 05:34 AM.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User
Re: i have the symptoms....advice?

You don't have the symptoms of ALS. I'd suggest starting out at your campus health clinic. This could be something as simple as too much caffeine compounded by worry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User

yeah and stress, I find when we watch someone close to us suffer with something like that, we tend to SEE all the symptoms!

Old 10-05-2007, 09:04 PM   #4
(female)

Mag311 HB User

I have some of the same symptoms of you..I am a 28F and I have tremors in my hands and in my legs. I have to prop myself up to stand and if I stand upright my legs just start to shake uncontrollably. Anyway..to get to the point. I have been tested by a neuro and thank the lord I don't have anything too serious. I have a benign orthostatic tremor that is helped by taking low doses of Klonopin a day. Klonopin is an anti-anxiety drug and it has really help. I can totally tell when I forget to take my pill in the morning...my hands start shaking I drop things and my legs are embarrassing. I would suggest talking to your family doc...and then they may move you to a neuro just to get checked out. Goodluck!

Closed Thread