It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
(female)

confused78 HB User
Question Is EMG in one limb sufficient? Advice pease!

Hi Everyone,
I am a 28/F having an EMG done next week because of widespread twitching. The neuro only ordered it on my left arm, which is where I feel a lot of the twitching. Does anyone know if it is sufficient enopugh to do one limb to rule out anything such as ALS. I know one EMG is not always definitive, but if it's normal, I'll feel better.

Also, how long would it take to show up on an EMG if it is ALS? I just started noticing the twitcing about a week ago, and am having the EMG next week. Thanks for the help!

Old 09-26-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
(female)

hypnotiic HB User
Re: Is EMG in one limb sufficient? Advice pease!

hello...im sorry to hear about your problem. Im going thru the same thing. I had a spinal anesthesia done aug19 and the next day i started having tingling in my feet which is now all over! i also have twitching ALL OVER and i cant feel the urge to urinate.. nausea vomiting diarreah fluctuating blood pressure irregular heartbeat loss of appetite.. you name it i got it. Im only 17... i really hope this goes away! They did mri's and everything and i wanted an emg and they said no because the nerve damage can take 6-8weeks to show in an emg..thats what the neuro said. But the anesthesiologist said it can take months and months!! Im getting the emg on oct 3rd so hopefully that will give me answers.. i had to have the anesthesia because i had a c-section.. baby was too big ... but what it sounds like you have is bfs ..beneging fasculations syndrome.. i think thats how its spelled.. i dont think its dangerous..just means you twitch.. im not too sure but ive read stories on it and people say its nothing. Hope you get better!! By the way are you having any other symptoms??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread