It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2007, 10:14 PM   #1
(male)

one41 HB User
Possible ALS or LYME

Hi, I'm a 23 year old male that's in pretty good shape. The past 2 months have been kind of scary for me, I've become quite sick and been to numbers of doctors with no answers. It all started with just my left forearm tingling next came a severe headache that wouldn't go away. Then started the constant dizziness and sensitivity to bright lights and sounds. About 3 weeks ago my muscles started twitching all over my body. Feeling concerned I've had an MRI of my brain, all kinds of heart test done and all the blood test you could think of - which all came back fine. I'm almost always tired and feeling weak. I was concerned about Lyme Disease but my blood test came back fine. My question is, is it possible for me to have ALS at the age of 23 ? AND - What kind of doctor should I go see next ? Any advice would be GREAT !

Last edited by one41; 11-18-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:00 PM   #2
(female)

hypnotiic HB User
Re: Possible ALS or LYME

heyy ..ive been having the same symptoms as you. you need to go see a neuro. and get and emg/ncs. i had one and they said it was slightly abnormal but nothing serious. you could have bfs.. benign fasiculation syndrome. but im not a doc so again you need to go to one asap. but since you're having tingling its most likely not als bc als is motor nerves only not sensory. you also need to get an mri of your spine and possibly a spinal tap. but i would try not to get one because those things have risks..although very small their still there. i had a spinal anesthesia for a c-section and after that i started having all these problems... sucks because im only 17 =l... hope i helped.. do you have any other symptoms?? good luck and much love ..gina<3

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2007, 07:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Possible ALS or LYME

Hi I stumbbled across your thread...I just want you to know that test for Lyme ARE NOT accurate...A person truly needs to see a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor and let them evaluate you.

Lyme is the second fastest growing disease. I have read that over half the population has lyme disease. It is a cousin to syhpllis...And we all know what that can do to a person. there is ALOT of mis-diagnoising of other conditions.

You might want to post on the lyme board if you haven't already. Ask for a lyme doctor closest to you. I went 15 some years mis-diagnoised and was told I had all kinds of things...

Good Luck to you!

Closed Thread