It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

carisa HB User
do this sound like als?

I am a 29 yr old female. In October of 07 I woke up one day feeling awful. I went from having lots of energy etc, to all of a sudden one day being completely exhausted, heavy feeling arms and legs, sleepy a lot, and very dizzy. I went and got tested for mononucleosis because I have had it twice before and thought maybe this was it again. My test came back positive for mono with very very high numbers for it. My doctor told me I probably have chronic EBV(chronic mono.) Now it is 4 months later and I still feel just as bad, if not, a little worse. Still dizzy, heavy feeling arms and legs, and very tired, just an all over feeling of weakness. I also have had some twitching in my cheek and lots of eye twitches. Does this sound like ALS to anyone? Does ALS usually just come on all of a sudden like that with your whole body being weak? It was never just one limb at a time. I woke up with my whole body being this way. Any ideas?

Carisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread