It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
(female)

elliesnanna HB User
I want to help my friend who has ALS

Hi there i have a friend with ALS and i really want to help him .I know his Mum in Law really well .She is a lovely person but her Son in Law needs a stem cell replacement but she lives in America .I was wondering if i could bring them over to the UK for treatment .I have to honestly say i dont know much about the Disease .Any ideas would be most welcome .

Old 04-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
(male)

davemax67 HB User
Re: I want to help my friend who has ALS

Well...it breaks my heart that your friend is suffering so...ALS killed my mother 10 years ago after she suffered with it for more than 2 years. I don't know about any stem cell treatment abroad as the research at that time was very very limited. I would recommend any and all actions you can do to facilitate treatment. In the meantime...all you can do is be supportive and understanding. To me it's a very vicious disease due to the fact that you lose your motor coordination and your nervous system debilitates but you are still cognizant. it's brutal to watch someone endure this. I wish you and the afflicted the very best. God Bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2008, 11:23 PM   #3
(female)

elliesnanna HB User
Re: I want to help my friend who has ALS

Thank You for your reply but we spoke again last night and it seems hes already reaching the final stages and is not well enough to travel .Yes your right its terrible what all the family is going through .

Closed Thread