It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
(female)

trisha36 HB User
painful hips and legs

Hi im a 36 yr and i suffer all the time with painful hips and legs, when im walking i could cry as the pain is really bad as it feels like my legs a screaming at me to stop. when in lying down my hips really give me deep pain so i have to sit up. been for test for athritis and thyroid but all have come back clear so not sure what i can do next....

Old 06-09-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
(male)

blues1986 HB User
Re: painful hips and legs

Have you been dx with ALS? As far as I know, and I looked up everything on ALS, pain is not associated with it. In fact, that usually points away from this disease.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2009, 06:17 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

vh90453 HB User

I'm not sure why you're on the ALS board. Sounds to me like it could be coming from your lower spine, maybe a herniated disc.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

Are you taking any medications? Sometimes they can cause painful side effects.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:08 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User

Trisha--

I saw the subject to your post--and that is me too! My legs are worse at night though. My hips and legs are a mess....I've had sooo many tests done and no doctor can find anything. But I am in tons of pain everyday--I see a pain management doc and take pain meds to help me.

schao

Old 06-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
(female)

Weezi HB User

Have you seen a physical therapist? I have been formally dx'd with fibro but rheumy is still working out other causes. I went to PT today and my therapist said I need to get x-rays of my knees and hips before treating me again. He wants to know what is going on in the joints before he proceeds. I have already had a full-body bone scan but they want more detail. I am exhausted from the doctor visits alone but I do feel like the PT is moving in the right direction. I was referred to a great therapist who is quite concerned and wants some answers as to what is going on with me. He worked on a muscle that was in a spasm, boy was that painful! Nothing like more pain to forget the pain your are already in I am sure the last thing you want to think about right now is PT but maybe they could help shed some light on your problem.
weezi

Old 06-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #7
(female)

Alleyfl HB User

I have ALS living with ALS for ten years now. I am bed bound and on bi-pap 24/7 I have very bad leg and knee pains sometimes feel like my knees are going to lock up and no one can move them.I also have deep nerve pain. I get PT and take Baclofen and Carpidopia , also use Fentayle Pain Patch and massage. It never goes away totally. the worst I progressed th worst it get. Sorry pain meds spelled wrong. I use to go to local ALS suport meetings, I have hundreds of Pals friends I blong to other ALS groyps , one PLM where there is ovr 3 thousand memebers and YES ALS cause much Pain.

Closed Thread