It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
(female)

Mr0863 HB User
Scared and Unsure, help!

I recently noticed I've become a little dizzier/lightheaded as of late particularly on one side whenever I walk and that my left leg feels a little awkward, I've also noticed my two ring and middle fingers have become weak though someone just told me it was because I constantly strain my fingers while typing/scrolling on a laptop; I've done all these strength tests but the other sensations, not severe, are there. I also, noticed I have lost that urge to have a bowel movement even though I eat right and drink somewhat, physical activity is at a minimum.

Previousy before all this my daily routine did a 180: I shut down (quit working out /being active) and ate and drank horribly but I was fine, now 3 months later I'm experiencing all this making me think I have some type of MND or ALS, could my body be in shock from the change + the added stress and anxiety? I'm only 19 and something like this would be upsetting.

Note: I've already been to a GP who said stress/anxiety, the ER twice for Acute renal failure and cancer both said it was stress, and another Dr. that said stress, but I wasn't feeling dizzy/lightheaded then and all bloodwork 10 vials in 2 days came back normal. I can't schedule any appointments as I do not have insurance to, so what should I do? this is really eating at me.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
(male)

blues1986 HB User
Re: Scared and Unsure, help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr0863 View Post
I recently noticed I've become a little dizzier/lightheaded as of late particularly on one side whenever I walk and that my left leg feels a little awkward, I've also noticed my two ring and middle fingers have become weak though someone just told me it was because I constantly strain my fingers while typing/scrolling on a laptop; I've done all these strength tests but the other sensations, not severe, are there. I also, noticed I have lost that urge to have a bowel movement even though I eat right and drink somewhat, physical activity is at a minimum.

Previousy before all this my daily routine did a 180: I shut down (quit working out /being active) and ate and drank horribly but I was fine, now 3 months later I'm experiencing all this making me think I have some type of MND or ALS, could my body be in shock from the change + the added stress and anxiety? I'm only 19 and something like this would be upsetting.

Note: I've already been to a GP who said stress/anxiety, the ER twice for Acute renal failure and cancer both said it was stress, and another Dr. that said stress, but I wasn't feeling dizzy/lightheaded then and all bloodwork 10 vials in 2 days came back normal. I can't schedule any appointments as I do not have insurance to, so what should I do? this is really eating at me.
I would say stress. Someone at your age rarley, rarley, gets ALS. Your symptoms really don't sound what I have heard about this disease.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2009, 04:36 AM   #3
(male)

polisaryo HB User

Hello

I am sorry for what you are going through.

Any type of MND is extremely rare or I would say almost never effects a person at your age.

Your symptoms are definetly don't indicate any type of a chronic disease.

Anxiety has a large variety of symptoms and you have to ask for professional help. I mean consider theraphy or anti-depressant medication.

Best wishes

Old 08-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
(female)

tinydancerbaby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr0863 View Post

I know how you feel completely...I'm 25 and generally healthy..and have been going through the same things, its so scary! I too dont have any insurance..yet drive my boyfriend crazy with wanting to go to the ER or urgent care..but we know when something doesn't feel right! all of these muscle twiches, weird sensations..vertigo, perceived weakness..drives me insane..its like i just want to know! i too worked out for a while and then stopped..i'm 5'3" and about 110 and get these sensations..if you have anything figured out, let me know! i too have had blood test after blood test..all that have come back perfect, so im sent home..still feeling like crap. i have also had mris of my head, they too were fine.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:09 PM   #5
(female)

Alleen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancerbaby View Post
I know how you feel completely...I'm 25 and generally healthy..and have been going through the same things, its so scary! I too dont have any insurance..yet drive my boyfriend crazy with wanting to go to the ER or urgent care..but we know when something doesn't feel right! all of these muscle twiches, weird sensations..vertigo, perceived weakness..drives me insane..its like i just want to know! i too worked out for a while and then stopped..i'm 5'3" and about 110 and get these sensations..if you have anything figured out, let me know! i too have had blood test after blood test..all that have come back perfect, so im sent home..still feeling like crap. i have also had mris of my head, they too were fine.
I think you need to see a neurologist to rule out any neuromuscular problems. I wish you the best.

Closed Thread