It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
(male)

dannymoody HB User
Falls?

Hello Everyone.

I am 26 yrs old and I am scared I have ALS, mainly because I had My Biological Grandpa died from it at 30. My Mom left my real dad after he beat us and so I have not been in contact with them since I was two. Hence I have no family medical history on them except my grandpa and two of his siblings died from it.

Now to my concern, in Feb. my right pinky finger started to twitch, it did so for two weeks until I went to a Chiropractor and It stopped it, two months later It hasn't twitched, I have however twitched all over my body and felt some weakness in my legs but my Chiro said that could be normal because my back was severely out and blood is starting to get back to my legs properly, my strength is fine now and My neck was really out and he thinks that the nerve in your neck that runs down to your pinky cause the twitch and that why its stopped.

In the mean time I was a mess knowing my family history of ALS so I was prescribed anti anxiety meds. My family doctor looked me over and said I was fine that she wasnt worried about ALS. That wasnt good enough for me so I had a referral to a nero doc. when I got in I told him everything that was going on. I was supposed to get an EMG that day, but after him giving me a physical he said no way I had ALS the only sign I had was twitching and my strength was fine maybe the twitching was from stress.

A month later when getting out of bed I fell, and it wasn't the dead foot sign, I just had a dead quad, I couldn't get up. I then tried again and got up fine, my leg was sore for three days but now I seem to be okay(maybe I slept on it wrong.) When I called the Nero to tell him about this he said if it keeps happening to come back and we'll run some tests. Well that kinda ****** me off so I demanded a referral to Denver ALS clinic and Im pending a visit their.

I have full strength in every part of my body for three months since my first twitch. I lift weights regular and have noticed no drop off at all. I sometimes wounder if I have that med student issue were every thing you read in school you think have, but giving my family history I worry about this a lot, I worry about my wife and 2 1/2 year old daughter.

I was just wanting to know if anybody diagnosed or knows something about ALS has something that might help me out.

thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread