It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2010, 02:48 AM   #1
(female)

deborahray1021 HB User
What do you think I have?

I am having hip pain that radiates down to my lower legs. I am also having some speech problems like sometime my tongue feels like it is very thick, I also have shoulder pain and both of my and have tremors in them. I have been to several different doctors and they act as if I am faking my symptoms. They tell me I have essential tremor. Also, i forgot I get very dizzy at times. I have even passed out

Old 06-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
(female)

jessluvsflowers HB User
Re: What do you think I have?

FIrst i am going to tell you about what i have been going through for the past two years.

I have speech stuttering..pretty severely...never had it before, i have also lost control of my motor functions, not to mention the insane migraines. They took me in for head ct. and seen nothing.

The doctor said that since i do not let out my stress or anger, that it has manifested itself physically.

Depression, repressed stress.....the dizziness could be a result of the inner ear...maybe...infection...idk. Anything can trigger any of those symptoms. I know...i'm still dealing with them. Funny thing for me is though, i do not deal with any more stress than i always have. So, its just something that happens i guess. Try to not pay attention to them as much as possible. and if in a year or 6 months they are still there, go to a new doctor. remember old docs that have seen you for this are going to remain biased as to your condition or what they think is going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2010, 06:51 PM   #3
(female)

amykelly HB User

stick out your tongue and see if it shakes with tremors (fascicullations). If it does go see a neurologist asap. My husband spent 9 months seeing an ENT which did nothing but waste 9 months we could have had.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
(male)

Atsugi HB User

DeborahRay2010,
Could be a lot of things, but NONE of what you describe has anything to do with ALS. Possibly neuropathy, but only your neurologist will know.
Good luck.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

FastUno HB UserFastUno HB User

Do you Live in a wooded place or have you ever bitten by ticks or fleas?
Many patients who are also diagnosed with ALS or MS have in fact Lyme disease.

Read a book called Cure Unknown by weintraub. There are ALS and MS stories on there that have been cured or diminished by antibiotics.

Please for the love of God read and educate yourself and spread the word.

I myself was diagnosed with IIH, and based on the fact that 12 people in just 6 houses next to me have Lyme, I knew I have it too. The docs did not diagnose me and only gave me some bull symptom label that I had to live with for the rest of my life. I got antibiotics and right after I developed more and more Lyme as it spread to various parts of my body.

Reply Reply