It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2010, 05:26 AM   #1
(female)

martinez27 HB User
Once an als patient is on a vent does the twitching stop?

Its been a month that my mom got on a vent.. And all her twitching has stop.. She still eating on her own no feeding tube thank god.. About two weeks being on the vent we took her bk to the hospital cause she was breathing more on her own so they had to lower the pressure to the vent.. She was all ready breathing a lil on her own.. The vent was helping her just a lil bit.. Dose this happen with ALS patients.. All her twitching has stop and she can move her feet very lil.. And she eats a lot more.. And she able to talk with the vent..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
(female)

nanette70 HB User
Re: Once a als patien on a vent dose twitching stop

wow! wish you had gotten more responces to your ?. ive never heard of this. but we aren't on a vent yet. wish i knew!!
God bless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread