It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
(female)

dadsbh4life HB User
Question Advice on how to deal

So its been some time since Ive been on a forum to ask for advice on how to deal with my dads ALS. He just turned 49 and Im not sure if we will get another birthday with him. Its getting harder and harder to be near him if my son gets sick. I want to spend as much time with him as I can but I cant if we are sick, we cant get near him. Which is fine with me but I dont want his grandson to miss out on knowing him.

I guess I need help with dealing with the outcome....my mom had to order my dad a hospital bed to help sleep(which doesnt help), oxygen and they have those chair lifts in the house. When they ordered the hospital bed it hit me very hard and fast. Im trying my best to live in today and take it as if hes fine we are all fine, but its hard.

Any advice on how to deal with it, I would be very greatful!

Thanks

Heather

Last edited by dadsbh4life; 03-31-2011 at 04:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread