It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
(male)

teach1997 HB User
Muscle twitching for 6 months

Hello,
My first post. I am having constant twitching in my legs (mostly in my calfs) for the last 6 months.
It first started to be in one spot on one of my legs, now for the last month, it's happening to both legs in numerous spots constantly. I have a neurologist appointment in 3 weeks. I have had a lot of blood work done with nothing really showing. I am worried it could be something serious such as ALS or MS, or some other disease. My family doctor thinks it's stress and anxiety but also thinks it's weird that it's been 6 months and that it's getting worse, hence why the referral to the Neurologist. I hurt my back (bulging disc) in January and was bed ridden for 2 weeks. I have had other neck and low back problems...coincidence or related? I am worried because it's happening to both of my legs at the same time and different spots...any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited by teach1997; 06-29-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
(male)

ALSGreyAngel HB User
Re: Muscle twitching for 6 months

I am in the study to biomarkers in the blood. So far the blood study does not give a cause alarm. Only EMG and weakness is the two indicators you have ALS. Twitching does not belong only to ALS.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
calves, heart, magnesium, stress, twitching