It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2003, 09:14 AM   #1

vampslayer HB User
Post Horrible and Scary Dizzy Spells

For the past month, I have not been feeling well. I have been having whopper of dizzy spells and seem to only happen when I look at flashing lights or when the sun peeks through the trees or if I look at the computer and then quick away to the desk, etc. They scare me senseless and I end up feeling panicked. Along with that, my stomach hurts for unknown reasons, I have heart flutters at night like it floats up into my throat and I am so fatigued that I feel completely useless.

I had EKG (which showd a heart condition, but wouldn't cause these problems), a stress test (normal), an echo (normal)and blood test. This showed up low thyroid (slightly..I am already on thyroid pills) and low blood counts (white blood, red blood and anemia which was an 11). The dr. told me that wasn't bad, though. But he put me on a multi vitamin.

I am so frustrated. I am only 32 years old and just want to feel better

Old 10-29-2003, 11:40 AM   #2

aliciajones260 HB User
Talking

Dizzy and fainting spells are common with anemia. The important thing for you is to get rest when you are feeling tired and week like this--just take it easy. I take royal jelly and iron pills(both available at the Healthfood store) and I feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2003, 12:55 AM   #3

breckinc HB User
My mother had vertigo, which is an inner ear infection. She got so dizzy and nauseous from the dizziness, and we were really scared until she got diagnosed. The infection went away, but she did get it again. Since then, I have heard of many people who have had vertigo, some worse than others, but it is nothing serious. You may want to be checked for that.

[This message has been edited by breckinc (edited 10-30-2003).]

Old 10-30-2003, 09:19 PM   #4

tiredjulie HB User
Hi, I have dizziness and vertigo attacks. Mine was misdiagnosed for 4 years as Meneire's disease. Went to a new doctor because the vertigo was getting worse and found out I didn't have Meniere's and the medicine I was taking for it was lowering my blood pressure. That was causing the problems. Went off the medication, but still have bouts of low blood pressure and dizziness. My new doctor says anemia can cause a problem with blood pressure regulation. So, we're still trying to find out the reason for the anemia.

Julie

Old 11-08-2003, 01:59 PM   #5

FluffySockers HB User
its normal with anemia, but have you ever considered a thyroid surgery removing your thyroid, my familiy has a history of thyroid problems, my mum experienced dizzy spells even on pills, so she got it removed and now you can have her sitting down and resting.... it also made her sleep in until three, and made her sleep with her eyes open

Closed Thread