It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2004, 08:28 AM   #1

Nikkita HB User
Red face pink eyelids

My pharmasist took a look at my lower eyelids and said i was fine but im not convinced. Ive heard of really anaemic people looking ok and i seem to have many of the symptoms(fatigue,breathlessness,headache ,faintness etc)Can anyone advise?
Nikkita

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2004, 05:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
Re: pink eyelids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkita
My pharmasist took a look at my lower eyelids and said i was fine but im not convinced. Ive heard of really anaemic people looking ok and i seem to have many of the symptoms(fatigue,breathlessness,headache ,faintness etc)Can anyone advise?
Nikkita
Take a look at your schedule, how much sleep you get, how much exercise do you get. If all these things are normal, then you may be having anxiety attacks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2004, 07:31 AM   #3

KritterKeeper HB User

The only definitive test for anemia is a complete blood count. Very simple and usually pretty accurate. The values themselves and the way in which they are arranged will indicate whether anemia is present and usually indicate which type of anemia it is.

Old 04-12-2004, 08:11 PM   #4
Veteran

robste HB User

I wouldn't think that a pharmacist should be trying to diagnose whether or not you have anemia, especially by just looking at the pinks of the inside of your lower eyelids-just my opinion!

If you are feeling run down & the other symptoms you mentioned, you really should make an appointment with your doctor. The doctor's office can either take bloodwork, or send you to a lab for bloodwork testing, which will be able to show whether or not you're anemic, if so, what type of anemia, & other things.

I'm anemic, but I look fine. Other than not having a lot of energy at times,which could be symptoms of lots of illnesses other than anemia (or just not enough sleep), I don't have any of the symptoms people list. So, you really can't just go by how you look. Also, the bottom lids of my eyelids are a healthy looking pink, so that doesn't determine anything for me.

Be on the safe side, and call your doctor. Good luck, and let us know what you find out.

Old 04-20-2004, 01:44 PM   #5

etstanddie HB User

The only accurate way to check is to have an "anemia profile" which not only checks iron, but iron stores. CBC's only check hemoglobulin and hematocrit. These can be low normal and you can still be anemic. Do it right, do it once.

Closed Thread