It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2006, 03:17 PM   #1
(female)

JKNZ HB User
How long until not so tired???

Hi!

I just started taking an iron supplement because my bloodwork showed that I was severly anemic. I am taking 150mg per day. How long should it take until the fatigue is gone? Also, how long should it take for the fatigue to just ease up a little bit? I am so tired, I have a hard time cleaning the house or doing fun things with my family.

Thanks,
Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2006, 03:42 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User
Re: How long until not so tired???

Hi Kim,

I was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago also and found I am anemic and that my B-12 was low. I have been wondering the same things as you because my Doctor started me on B-12 shots and I still just drag around the house like I can't go. I can clean my kitchen then I have to sit down and rest. It is a terrible feeling when all you want to do is lay down and go to sleep. Hope you feel better soon.

Jan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2006, 08:16 AM   #3
(female)

JKNZ HB User

Hi Jan!

I know exactly what you mean. I am exhausted after doing anything. I am ready to go back to bed right after I get up. What a yucky feeling!

I hope you feel better soon too!

Kim

Old 11-19-2006, 10:24 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User

Kim,

I know exactly how you feel because I don't want to get out of bed neither but it takes a Act of Congress to get me in bed too. Depression is whats got me also. But evrytime I pass a chair, I sit down in it. Do you do that way also? I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Hope you feel better soon also!

Old 11-22-2006, 05:40 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

moommin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapCityGirl
Kim,

I know exactly how you feel because I don't want to get out of bed neither but it takes a Act of Congress to get me in bed too. Depression is whats got me also. But evrytime I pass a chair, I sit down in it. Do you do that way also? I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Hope you feel better soon also!
i feel the same,do a bit sit, do a bit sit ,start somthing then leave it ,the thought of doing somthing makes me shattered,i get up from bed shattered,go to work and drag myself around,hope the tabs will work soon

Old 11-22-2006, 05:43 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

moommin HB User

i also feel the same,drag myself around all day i find it very hard when i go to work,every thing is an effert,hurry up tabs and work

Closed Thread