Re: low ferritin and severe chaped lips
My lips were also very chapped with low ferritin. I found this info with a ****** search:
Mild iron deficiency anemia may not cause noticeable symptoms. If anemia is severe, symptoms may include:
* Weakness, fatigue, or lack of stamina.
* Shortness of breath during exercise.
* Difficulty concentrating.
* Pale skin.
* Craving substances that are not food (pica). In particular, a craving for ice can be a sign of iron deficiency anemia.
Other signs may include:
* Rapid heartbeat.
* Brittle fingernails and toenails.
* Cracked lips.
* Smooth, sore tongue.
Babies and small children with iron deficiency anemia may not grow as expected and may have delays in skills such as walking and talking. Children may be irritable and have a short attention span. These problems usually go away when the deficiency is treated. If it is not treated, mental and behavior problems may be permanent.