It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2007, 01:14 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

mommytoshannon HB User
Heaviness in Head?

My head sometimes feels heavy.... Is this a typical anemia symptom or could this mean that there is also a vitamin B-12 deficiency? I only found out that I am anemic about 2 months ago after feeling heart palpitations, always feeling tired, groggy, etc.... Anyone ever feel any heaviness in the head? According to my doctor, I am "extremely" anemic... Please let me know your thoughts...I am very concerned...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2007, 03:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lindsalou HB User
Re: Heaviness in Head?

Hi,
I suffer from the same problem. Sometimes it feels like my head doesnt belong to the rest of my body. I get blurred vision, feel foggy headed and generally like crap. I woudnt discribe it as a typical headche of sorts, its just a weird feeling, sometimes I feel like my head is actually swelling up (sounds weird - but thats the only way i can explain what it feels like).
I have spoken to my doctor about it in the past, and have been assured that its yet another symptom of anemia.
Hope this helps,
Linds

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2007, 04:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

I would also get a strange feeling in my head and blurred vision when this happens. This seemed to come on each evening don't know why. It's starting to get better now that I am no longer anemic and my Ferritin is somewhere over 20. Doctors haven't assured me that it is anemia so I'm glad to read Linds post. Thanks! FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 10-02-2007, 09:02 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

mommytoshannon HB User

Wow, THANK YOU for putting my mind at ease. Yes, I feel as if my head is swelling sometimes and my vision gets blurred. I am relieved to know that it;s just another anemia symptom.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:11 AM   #5
(female)

IamUnique HB User

I also had the heavy head feeling but mine went one step further. I also had this large triangle of numbness on the right side of my head as my anemia got worse the numbness spread to nearly the whole right side of my face.

This site is great - just knowing that someone else out ther is experiencing these strange symptoms helps. I personal felt crazy - nothing ever stayed the same and new symptoms showed up each day.

Here's to your feeling alot better soon.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User

I have the heavy head feeling as well...I describe it as "being in a fog" or like someone else said my head doesn't belong to my body. I also get "floaters" (black dots or lines) in my vision when I am outside or somewhere bright as well. I wonder if that's a symptom of low iron?

Old 10-04-2007, 10:44 AM   #7
(female)

suzie74 HB User

diamond79, I am new to this board because last week I found out I was anemic. I have been on Iron Supps since Thursday but my doctor advises me not to expect any changes for a few weeks. I was interested in these postings because before this I had been sick for 5 weeks. I too feel the same symptoms that you do(foggy headed, my head belongs to someone else, floaters especially when I press on my eyes)(I know I am not crazy here because I was a very well, normally functioning person 5 weeks ago). My doctor advised me that these can all be anemia related, and if you have anything on top of anemia that it can be magnified. I also have rhinits(swelling of the nasal passages), ear/nose popping/crackling, bloodshot eyes with dryness. The doctors office and ENT all say that I have allergies.(I went to numerous doctors trying to figure out what was wrong with me to my surprise not one requested a blood test! I finally requested one and was shocked when they said my Iron was very low) I am not suggesting you have allergies, because I am not sure if I do either, lol, I think it is all anemia related.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:50 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

moommin HB User
Angry Re: Heaviness in Head?

hii put all of my symptoms,blurred vision,numbness head and face,foggy head and lot s more down to low ferritin,iv been like it for four years ,doc said anxiety,been taking iron for over one year feel a little better but still have constant pressure in head ,i did a lot of resurch and came up with middle ear problems,i asked the doc to look in my ear as i think the problems comming from there she took one look and said my ear drum is badley sucked in,and i will need to see an e. n. t to have tubes fitted,i feel better knowing that its not anxiaty but mad that it has taken four years to find out what is wrong with me shirley

Closed Thread