It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #1
(female)

kittykitty2u HB User
what are the symptoms of low iron

what are the symptoms of low iron

Old 11-28-2007, 10:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB User
Re: what are the symptoms of low iron

There are so many.

Low iron and iron deficiency anemia are related but not the same. If you are to the point of actual anemia, you symptoms are going to be more pronounced.

For me, I had lots of fatigue. And it wasn't the kind of fatigue where I felt sleepy, it was a physical fatigue. I could no longer do my 3 mile walk. I could actually hardly do a mile. When I did do any exercise, instead of being worn out for a few hours, it would take me DAYS to recover. So I quit exercising.

I noticed that whenever I went up stairs or if I had to walk up a hill, I would get a REALLY rapid pulse and get short of breath.

Other more subtle symptoms for feeling a lot of anxiety. I also seemed to have a problem keeping my weight up but I still don't know if the anemia/iron deficiency was responsible for that. Now that my iron is on the way up, I have packed on 10 lbs.

As I got out of the anemia stage, I had the same symptoms but to a much lesser degree. My iron numbers are still on the low side and I still don't feel quite right, but it's really hard to describe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2007, 03:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

My hair fell out and I began eating ice long before I found out that I was anemic. FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 12-02-2007, 12:14 AM   #4
(female)

esther25 HB User

Low iron means you feel very tired and your body increase the weight. And also your skin color will change very white.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:19 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

moommin HB User

my toe nails went white,and,felt constant fatigued and stiff neck

Closed Thread