It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2008, 02:48 PM   #1
(male)

eric6010 HB User
burning in throat stomach, and on tongue

First thanks to all who replied to my earlier post. Its been four days that my wife has been off the hemocyte. She still is having burning and pain in her throat, stomach,and on tongue. The degree of burning/pain has been up and down.How long before she might start feeling better? She continues to take prilosec and the anxiety med.Any body have any commets.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User
Re: burning in throat stomach, and on tongue

She may need a double dose of PPI for a few days. I am not sure if you can do that with Prilosec. You might want to check with the pharmacy. This is what I had to do, but I take Nexium and I took it morning and night, it took 1-2 weeks to heal each time it happened. It's really hard for something like this to heal, it can take up to 30 days (on a good med), if it is bad. I would want to be on a better med. Prilosec didn't work for me very well and it may not be enough for your wife. I would see her PCP and get something a little better. It is a horrible feeling all over when this happens. FLFLOWERGIRL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2008, 05:15 PM   #3
(female)

ChickieLou HB User

Hi,

Normally I stay clear of things I know nothing about, but I thought I would throw this out there since my mother had very similar symptoms much of last year. She started out being diagnosed with oral thrush and bad heartburn as well as low b12, but after alot of these things were treated successfully, she was left with something called Burning Mouth Syndrome. Compounded with the heartburn, it sounded alot like what your wife is experiencing.

It's a long shot, but since it's one of those things that doctors don't seem to know about, we have to educate each other. It's a very real medical condition and it drove my mother cuckoo-bonkers until she found out about it on her own.

Good luck and keep us up to date on her progress.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:02 AM   #4
(male)

eric6010 HB User

My wife is doing much better now after six days off the Hemocyte. She is planning on changing doctors.Thanks for all the advice.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

Glad to hear she is doing better. FLFLOWERGIRL

Closed Thread