It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 04:36 PM   #16
(female)

TiredOTired HB User
Re: Chronic Low Iron?

Just wanted to add that I really appreciated what everyone contributed. I am starting to breath a bit easier now that I am trying to get my anxiety under control. My GERD is being pummeled by this iron I am taking, however and am going to see the dr. this week to see what to do. It is making me not want to eat at all. It is only helped by eating something frozen. (Not a great diet for someone who is iron deprived!)

Does anyone think that stopping your periods would help with anemia? If so, how do you get your insurance company on board?
Thanks.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:47 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

i got an abation 4 months ago my period didnt stop totally but it is much better mostly panty linner period if you go to the gyno just tell thm you needan ablation there shouldnt be any problem with ins.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2008, 06:07 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

TiredOTired--Whenever there is any blood loss, to some degree it does cause more iron loss. So if there is a problem, to stop any blood loss will only help matters. I wasn't able to raise my levels until I had an ablation that stopped almost all the bloodloss. I only use a pad for 2 days and rarely does it even show up on the pad. I'm sure your GYN would recommend an ablation as an option if you are having a problem with anemia. I had no problem with my insurance company covering this procedure either.

I also had a very difficult time with GERD and iron (Ferris Sulfate), I now take an OTC iron that is not a prescription, but you do have to order or ask for it through the pharmacy. It is designed for long term use and is GI friendly. The iron is Poly Iron 150 and for me I have no problems taking it on an empty stomach. It also has Vit-C already added in for absorption. Ask your doctor about it. What a relief to have no E/E's from iron. FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 08-14-2008, 10:41 AM   #19
(female)

TiredOTired HB User

I want an ablation. However, I have the state's insurance and not sure how they would handle this. They make you jump through hoops for anything that is not standard. I am unsure as to how to get them to pay when I am sure they will tell me to go on the pill. My gyno has advised having a mirena iud placed as we don't think my insurance will pay for ablation. Thoughts?

Old 08-14-2008, 12:41 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

ChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB User

The Mirena IUD is an excellent solution. My cousin got one for heavy bleeding and she feels TONS better. Hardly ever has a period either. Just some spotting. Not everyone will get these results, but it's worth a shot.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #21
(female)

TiredOTired HB User

Actually, after speaking to my dr. she thinks that they will pay for an ablation after all. However, I will need to be on hormones of some sort possibly due to them being out of whack.

I think that having no periods is the greatest thing that could ever happen to me. I hate them. They make me miserable in every possible way. I am done having kids, have had a tubal-why am I still suffering?

I just need to be able to take a half day off on a Friday and I will be set! Whooo Hoooo!

Old 08-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOTired View Post
Actually, after speaking to my dr. she thinks that they will pay for an ablation after all. However, I will need to be on hormones of some sort possibly due to them being out of whack.

I think that having no periods is the greatest thing that could ever happen to me. I hate them. They make me miserable in every possible way. I am done having kids, have had a tubal-why am I still suffering?

I just need to be able to take a half day off on a Friday and I will be set! Whooo Hoooo!

Good luck with it. It should really help you out with the anemia.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:08 AM   #23
(female)

TiredOTired HB User

Thanks. I wanted to ask also off topic, slightly, if anyone else had problems with nausea? I had a wave of it come over me yesterday like crazy. I also have it associated with migraine type headaches, but not always with the headache.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:57 AM   #24
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOTired View Post
Thanks. I wanted to ask also off topic, slightly, if anyone else had problems with nausea? I had a wave of it come over me yesterday like crazy. I also have it associated with migraine type headaches, but not always with the headache.
I do get nausea off and on (and had a terrible wave of it myself on Wednesday evening). It is mostly related to my GERD. I did have it fairly bad also when I was having gastritis.

Back in March I had a wave of it that lasted for 7 days, most of the day. I never truly got sick but was so queasy.

I've just chalked it up to that's how my stomach is.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:22 PM   #25
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

I had nausea (very bad) with my anemia for 6 months. The doctors told me that there could be so many things causing it. Iron supplements only add to the problem. I have always had a little nausea in the morning but it is gone by the time I drink water or have my morning tea. FLFLOWERGIRL

Closed Thread