It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #1
(female)

Lynnv48 HB User
vitamin b12 deficiency how long will it take to get better

vitamin b12 deficiency how long will it take to get better

Old 11-19-2008, 02:30 PM   #2
(female)

mukapuka HB User
Re: vitamin b12 deficiency how long will it take to get better

hi there i also have a vitamin b12 problem i have done alot of research on how long it takes to feel better and it takes awhile so please be patient for your body to make new blood cells also you can buy tablets sub ligual b12 whitch does help in large doses it dosent harm you in anyway to take large does i take it 3 1000 tabs a day just to help with tiredness as have 3 kids to look after i know it takes around 120 days for your body to make new blood cells so you just have to bare with it i know its hard as b12 def has nasty symtoms you can buy the sub ligual tabs out of most heath shops and they are cheap and they do help alot they make you feel more alive and take the edge of it hope this helps. regards

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2008, 02:45 PM   #3
(female)

StephRabin HB User

I just posted some new results. My b12 was 311. Doc said it was normal (in the normal range) and in six months of taking sublingual tabs two times a day (1000) it went up to 914. I guess my prob was/is 'just' low ferritin...

Old 11-19-2008, 03:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

Steph--Your B-12 is where it should be. I run between 800 without supplements and 900 with. I have read twice lately where people have said that their doc wants them to be over 800 not 200 that we all have heard so many times. I though that was interesting to read. FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 11-19-2008, 05:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User

hi everyone

wow I wish I could have a great B12 number....mine is at 420 with getting monthly injections(I thought that was soooo great.....guess it's not so great after all)

Steph....I'm just wonderingif you stopped th sub~lingual B12 if your number would drop again?My highest B12 level was last spring(500) and then I went 2 months without shots and it dropped back down to 374.....so I'm just curious if your's would drop too.

It took me about 8 shots 'til I could function better,but it's different for each person....depends on how long your system was deprived of adequate B12 and what neurologivcal damage you suffered...they say most symptoms go away,but then again you can have lasting neurological damage sometimes.

My ferritin is up to 84,but I still feel bad....I have muscle weakness and muscle fasiculations....very depressing...And annoying!

take care~
Scout

Old 11-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout316 View Post
hi everyone

wow I wish I could have a great B12 number....mine is at 420 with getting monthly injections(I thought that was soooo great.....guess it's not so great after all)

I wish for your ferritin count . FLFLOWERGIRL

take care~
Scout

Old 11-20-2008, 08:43 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User

hi FLFLOWERGIRL

I was so happy with my good ferritin number...I think it improved from the B12 injections.

Well I was just wondering if my hemoglobin and hematocrit are normal as well as my ferritin then my other Iron numbers would be normal?My dr. has never checked my total iron or any other iron labs.What do you think?

I know in my past I've had normal hemoglobin and hematocrit but at the same time had low B12 and my ferritin was 11.

thanks.....and I hope you are feeling well these days

Scout

Old 11-20-2008, 06:19 PM   #8
(female)

robinegg HB Userrobinegg HB User

Hi there
Well I am chiming in agian cant help myself with B12

It is important to remember as already mentioned it takes a while to get better......If you are having nuero problems the type of B12 is crucial you are after proper healing not just increasing your levels on the tests at some point it almost becomes irrelevent because if your levels are higher but you still feel unwell you need to look at that.....
I learnt a long time ago to not go my levels to much I have not been retested and know that even at the beginning of my defiency when I started therapy they would have been sky high but I still felt not good on some levels

I have been having therapy for 3 months and ALL of my symptoms have gone I am happy to say I contribute this to the type of B12 the dosage and the consistency in treatment AND very importantly its cofactors as well B12 on her own may not be enough to do the trick she relys on her team to rebuild the damage done........

Cheers
Rainbows End

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robinegg For This Useful Post:
ashes888 (05-09-2012), Lauren0 (09-26-2012)
Closed Thread