It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2008, 02:09 PM   #1
(female)

stedwell HB User
A question about ablation - I have polyps

Hi
I hope you do not mind me asking directly but I noticed from one of your previous posts that you have had an ablation done. I am due to see the consultant for this but I was worried that I might be refused as I have polyps. I read that you too had polyps but the proceedure still went ahead?
Thanks

Old 12-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User
Re: A question about ablation - I have polyps

i had an ablation 8 months ago and i had 1 small polyp that wast a problem im not sure about more

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2008, 05:53 AM   #3
(female)

stedwell HB User

Thanks for your reply.
Thye think I only have one. (I have had others removed in the past). Did they remove the polyp and do the ablation at the same time?

Old 12-28-2008, 06:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

no i think they just burned it along with the linning and that took care of it

Old 12-28-2008, 09:45 AM   #5
(female)

stedwell HB User

thanks. I was hoping they could do that.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:42 AM   #6
(female)

stedwell HB User

Thanks flowergirl. I was worried that as I had a polyp or two they wouldn't do the ablation. They removed the last one less than a year ago so yes they do return quickly. However my doctor said that if ablation is done then they do not return for a while as the lining is not there for them to adhere to.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:13 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

Thanks for the info., I didn't know. I am really glad to hear that. How do they remove the polyps, what type of procedure do they do? TIA. FLFLOWERGIRL

Edit to ask; how did they find your polyps because mine didn't show up on the Trans.,US and we didn't know. I was wondering why my doc missed 7 polyps?

Last edited by FLFLOWERGIRL; 12-29-2008 at 02:16 PM.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User

Flflowergirl,

just a quick note. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to re-test. My surgeon insisted on another test at a different lab -he did not trust the results of the first one. My fibroids were completely missed on the first trans-u/s, though the polyp and a cyst weren't. On my second ultrasound a couple of weeks later (at another lab), the fibroids were clearly seen. An experienced and knowledgable technician makes all the difference.

The blood loss was, suprisingly, much less than I had been told to expect, probably not affecting my low iron status a whole lot.
FG

Old 12-30-2008, 04:08 AM   #9
(female)

stedwell HB User

My polyps were picked up on the trans-u/s. They think there may be a fibroid too but they always do and then when they go inside they can never find it!

Old 12-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

Thanks ladies--So, I had no idea why they were missed if I had a US, now I understand. 7 polyps missed sounds like a lot to me, I was surprised. My Trans US was done at my GYN's office. When I go for my annual in a couple months, I will be asking ~why~ because that's something I didn't ask before I had so much other stuff going on at the time. Now that I have a history of polyps I would think that they would give an annual US as a precaution, do you all think that sounds right? Thanks. FLFLOWERGIRL

fg--I'm glad that your blood loss was not a lot. That's a wonderful plus. FLFG

Old 12-30-2008, 11:32 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User

Quote:
Now that I have a history of polyps I would think that they would give an annual US as a precaution, do you all think that sounds right?
If the doctor "forgets" to send you for an annual ultrasound, you should probably insist on one. He might say it would not be cost-effective to run this test for screening purposes, unless there are problems. If I get a chance, I'll ask my doctor about it tomorrow. I will ask to be tested a year from now, since the fibroids were left in place and are supposed to shrink. What if they don't and grow bigger instead? I was surprised to learn that polyps often grow back. That is another thing to watch for.
Women lose so much iron due to these various female issues. Having these problems fixed whenever possible reduces unnecessary blood loss. Good luck with your annual, Flflowergirl.

FG

Closed Thread