It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
(female)

tatsu15 HB User
Can anemia cause muscle weakness?

Hi

I am third trimester pregnant and told i was slightly anemic blood count 10 out of 12(12 is borderline i guess). But I have weakness in my hands for the past week and was wondering if it was caused by anemia? It was after I exercised and the weakness hasn't gone away but when i sleep and wake up im fine but the weakness starts to kick in a few hours I'm awake.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User
Re: Can anemia cause muscle weakness?

three words yes yes yes i suffered bad from weakness

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #3
(female)

tatsu15 HB User

Thank you for your response. I was wondering how long did it take till you got back to feeling "normal" again. Did you take iron pills. I just started a day ago but still feel weak in the hands... like the muscles are weak. May I ask what your hemoglobin level was?

Old 01-10-2009, 07:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

tatsu15--I also had muscle weakness, but not everyone experiences this. They started thinking that I had MS because of all of my symptoms together. Thank goodness that was not the case. I couldn't walk further than to the front of my house to look out the window for months. My legs got the worst when on my period because of the blood loss, this is when my legs actually went to a jelly leg like feeling that lasted a week. The weakness lasted for months. Everyone is different, my Hgb was 8.5 and Ferritin was a 2. I have now been at this for 2 years January, and now have a 58 ferritin. Best of luck to you. FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 01-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
(female)

tatsu15 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLFLOWERGIRL View Post
tatsu15--I also had muscle weakness, but not everyone experiences this. They started thinking that I had MS because of all of my symptoms together. Thank goodness that was not the case. I couldn't walk further than to the front of my house to look out the window for months. My legs got the worst when on my period because of the blood loss, this is when my legs actually went to a jelly leg like feeling that lasted a week. The weakness lasted for months. Everyone is different, my Hgb was 8.5 and Ferritin was a 2. I have now been at this for 2 years January, and now have a 58 ferritin. Best of luck to you. FLFLOWERGIRL
Thanks for your reply... I was wondering did you feel better a few days after taking iron pills? I've been taking them for 2 days now but still feel weak.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:26 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

tatsu15--No, sorry, it took a very long time for me to feel better. Best of luck to you. FLFLOWERGIRL

Closed Thread