It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #1
(female)

miaomiaoska HB User
Yeast infections & Low iron?

I was recently diagnosed as having a ferritin level of 8. I was relieved that there was actually something "wrong" with me, since I've been feeling awful for quite a while. Tiredness, restless legs & my hair falling out...
But there's one thing I'm not sure if it's related. I get yeast infections all the time. Pretty much as soon as I get rid of one I get another. I've tried everything- treating my partner, using different anti-yeast meds, stopping the pill, a yeast/sugar free diet... nothing works in the slightest. Could it be due to the low iron?
I have only been taking the iron tablets for a month and haven't seen an improvement at all yet. I'm hoping that's still to come. I need not to feel so rubbish all the time!

Old 11-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
(female)

PlushKitti HB User
Re: Yeast infections & Low iron?

Years ago I had constantly recurring yeast infections. That was before OTC medications were available and you had to have a prescription from your doctor to get any kind of anti-yeast infection medication. The doctor finally decided to do a conization of the cervix. What he found were plugs of yeast, some over an inch long in the cervix and told me had he not performed this surgery I never would have been free of the infections. I've never heard any other person mention this to me and I think I was just lucky to have the doctor I had at the time who was determined to find out why my infections kept coming back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread