It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
(female)

fishinpanic HB User
Question Have had 4 Venofer infusions- horrible pain in legs and feet?

I've had 4 infusions in the last 5 weeks. My iron level is back to "normal" according to a message I got from my doctor. I am not feeling more energy and am experiencing horrible leg pain, pain in my feet and general body aches. Does anyone know why this could be happening? It's been a week since the last infusion. My feet feel crampy and are painful to walk on and my legs feel like they are in constant spasms and pain. I am taking vicodin 5/500 for the pain and it barely works. Has anyone else experienced this? I have to fly in five days and attend a wedding and I'm scared.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:15 PM   #2
(female)

hamstachick HB User
Re: Have had 4 Venofer infusions- horrible pain in legs and feet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpanic View Post
I've had 4 infusions in the last 5 weeks. My iron level is back to "normal" according to a message I got from my doctor. I am not feeling more energy and am experiencing horrible leg pain, pain in my feet and general body aches. Does anyone know why this could be happening? It's been a week since the last infusion. My feet feel crampy and are painful to walk on and my legs feel like they are in constant spasms and pain. I am taking vicodin 5/500 for the pain and it barely works. Has anyone else experienced this? I have to fly in five days and attend a wedding and I'm scared.

Was just wondering how you were doing? If you figured out anything? I have had leg aches since an hour before my period in January and it scares me too! I don't understand what could cause it. I also have crampy feet. Anyone have an idea of this? It's scary and hurts.
Health Obsessed
Separation anxiety
Generalized anxiety disorder
~~*~BE HERE NOW~*~~
~~*~NAMASTE~*~~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
(female)

fishinpanic HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstachick View Post
Was just wondering how you were doing? If you figured out anything? I have had leg aches since an hour before my period in January and it scares me too! I don't understand what could cause it. I also have crampy feet. Anyone have an idea of this? It's scary and hurts.
I had my last infusion Friday. I am still having excruciating leg pain and crampy feet. It never completely went away after the infusion prior to this, so I am quite worried. I think I have an overload of iron but have not been able to get an answer from my doctor as to why it still hurts so bad. (That and I think she thinks I'm seeking pain pills and exaggerating) This is all very frustrating, I have been almost completely bedridden since Friday. I have a friend coming in Thursday for a visit so hoping to be better by then!

Old 04-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #4
(female)

ninacherry HB User

I had the same experience last month. When I questioned the nurses at the hospital, they all looked at me as if I were crazy! I was extremely worried for the first 2 weeks. However, the pain did eventually go away. I hope you feel better before your flight

Old 04-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
(female)

fishinpanic HB User

I'm all through with my infusions- hopefully for good. The pain went away, but now I'm sick like I was before my infusions so who knows what is going on. Having low grade fevers (99-100, normally I run 97 or so), chills, bad body aches and headaches. Anyone experience similar? I think I have another condition as well but my drs have not found it yet.

Closed Thread