It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
(female)

sjq HB User
Anaemia & Joint Pain...

Hi, I've been lurking around this site, as well as many others, for a while now to try and get a better insight into what might be causing my various health problems. Today I finally decided to register as a member and am hoping you guys can help me find out what's wrong!

I'm a 19 year old female.
When I was just a month old I had viral meningitis, this was treated straight away and am only mentioning as I don't know if it can cause problems later on in life...
When I was a toddler I had severe pains in my legs which prevented me from walking for more than a few minutes, these were simply diagnosed as growing pains.
About 9 years ago I started having problems with my ankles as I was always twisting and spraning them. About 5 years ago I started having problems with my knees and out of the blue one day I dislocated one of them.
For a year now I have been getting severe pain in my hip joints, they constantly crack really loudly and some days I can barely walk because it hurts too much to do so. The only way I can describe it is that it feels as though they need 'oiling'. It also feels as though they're carrying to much weight but at 5ft3 I weigh 8 stone and wouldn't be advised to lose any weight.
I've also recently discovered a lump at the bottom right side of my back which inflames and hurts after mild excercise.
I have undergone several blood tests including arthritis and coeliac disease which came back negative. The only thing I have been diagnosed with is anaemia and am currently half way through a 6 month course of iron tablets.

I have also started getting trapped nerves, I am constantly tired and have horizontal dents in my fingernails.

My doctors don't seem to be able to find out what's wrong with me so I'd really appreciate any help you can offer me. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2011, 04:20 AM   #2
(female)

sjq HB User
Re: Anaemia & Joint Pain...

Thanks for responding
My doctors haven't expressed that it could be Lyme Disease but others have, having said that though I've also been told it could be lupus, arthritis... and many other things so I don't really know what to think. Im being tested for rheumatoid factor and fibromyalgia at the moment... I'll have to see what the results for those come back as and mention Lyme Disease 'cause I literally want to cover all bases and eliminate as much as possible to find out what's wrong.
Thanks again.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:09 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

albertnices HB User
Smile Re: Anaemia & Joint Pain...

can you provide more information on topic.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #4
(female)

lunchwagon HB User
Smile Re: Anaemia & Joint Pain...

HI I to was diagnoised with anemia when diagnoised with Lyme. The actaual name for mine was Anemia of Chronic Disease? I was put on a drug that was in shot form and told to do 1 every other week. The shots were $1,700. and my insurance didn't cover any of it. After doing 4 shots with no return of energy I gave up on them. mu Doctor told me there was nothing more he could do. This came after having 5 Iron transfusions. My iron is back from 4.9 to over 200 now but I am still extrremly tred. I have had a picc line in for over 1 year and been through 3 different antibiotics with not much luck. My head confusion is much better but that is about all. I have decided to have the picc line pulled at my next app. and am following more hoilistic methods of treatment. We in fact have recently purchased a Rife machine and I seem to get more out of the few sessions from this machine then all the medications. I also have been using MMS as of yestrday taste like bleech but am willing to try about anything at this point! If anyone has any input on this MMS I would love to hear it.I am also hoping it can help with the headachs and yeast issues to.

Last edited by lunchwagon; 07-26-2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: misspelling

Old 07-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
(female)

lunchwagon HB User
Re: Anaemia & Joint Pain...

how long have you ben using your rife? Did you experience any herxing? I seem to have lots of headaches have since I started with the antibiotics a So glad you are using to.

Reply Reply