It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
(female)

Arainais HB User
Daughter is passing out, iron tests came back suspect, low everything

My 9 year old daughter passed out twice at school last April. When I took her to the ER, I was told she had mono. She had no more episodes until the end of August. She has passed out 4-5 times since then. I finally got a dr. to listen to me and run tests on her and we found out that she has never had mono, and her iron + TIBC test came back as follows:

Iron -11 (norm: 40-150)
TIBC -118 (norm: 250-400)
UIBC -107 (norm: 150-375)
Transferrin - 84.20
% Saturation - 9 (norm: 15-55)

They have recommended her to a pediatric hematologist, and her appointment there is next Monday. We've done some internet research and have effectively scared ourselves to death because the best I can figure with her levels is that she could have anemia of chronic disease, but up until now we have thought she was perfectly healthy. I just happened to find this board and wanted to post to see if anyone had any other possible scenarios for us, or any ideas.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
Re: Daughter is passing out, iron tests came back suspect, low everything

Could just be a simple nutritional anemia (the low iron suggests that)

A daily supplement or iron and a childerens multivitamin would have her feeling a lot better in a couple of weeks if this is the case.

Try not to think the worst, usualy its somthing simple.

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2011, 12:20 AM   #3
(female)

judlaw HB User
Post Re: Daughter is passing out, iron tests came back suspect, low everything

This is really a generic reply to all posts relating to anemia. I had similar blood test results and was really feeling low; chills, sensitivity to temps, cold hands and feet, chronic fatigue. Lab results showed low iron and B12 and was told malabsorption issues (chronic constipation, excessive gas, etc...) Started taking iron and B12 shots which helped but saw what looked like worms in stools. Finally realized I had a paraiste infestation and started on a cleanse. Things get worse before they get better but once the initial herxing passes and the cleanse starts to really work...all of your earlier symptoms will slowly leave. It's a process. The parasites steal our iron and B12 and need to be eradicated. Once done, then you can rebuild healthy flora to your intestines with probiotics, prebiotics, vitamin therapy, good eating habits... It will take time and I am still working on it. It did not make sense to me that at age 53 all of a sudden I was iron deficient and needed to take B12 shots. I discovered all this on my own because the doctor's did not have the answers I needed. The truth is the information is out there and I suggest that you read about parasites and the symptoms they cause and how 85 % of Americans are now infected and why.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-22-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Reply Reply