It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
(male)

Michael949 HB UserMichael949 HB UserMichael949 HB User
Normal Iron Levels for Men?

Hey guys. I had blood work done last Tuesday to check my iron levels because I was tired and my hemoglobin was borderline low. I'm not seeing my doctor for a few weeks but I can access my results through his web site. Mine came out to be 60..Unfortunately it does not say what the range was on his site, so I don't know if this means iron deficiency or not. Some sites I have checked say it should be 75 or above and some say normal can be as low as 50..What is the normal range for iron on your guys lab results? Thanks

Last edited by Michael949; 06-30-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Heatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB User
Re: Normal Iron Levels for Men?

One thing I'm learning really fast is different labs have very different numbers.

I am trying to figure out my lymphocyte count right now and one lab says 24-44 while another says 16-45.

On my papers from my lab the "normal" range for iron says 37-170 . On a site that I trust it says 50-150. See how different they are? I am reading for men it's 70-175. Hopefully a fella can chime in here and give you theirs!

I am thinking if the Dr. saw your labs and they were low enough to worry him that he would have gave you a call. What was your ferritin?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2012, 02:14 AM   #3
(male)

Michael949 HB UserMichael949 HB UserMichael949 HB User
Re: Normal Iron Levels for Men?

Hey, Heatherx5. He didn't check my ferritin. Only the iron, TIBC, Iron saturation, Vitamin B12, and folic acid. Everything was normal

Btw, I've gotten tons of CBCs and your lymphocyte count should generally be between 20-45. Usually the doc doesn't suspect anything is wrong unless it's as high as 50 or as low as 15

Reply Reply