It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
(female)

samsa135 HB User
Anemia or Thyroid? Getting a little concerned...

Ok, so here is the short and simple story....

-low temperature for the past two weeks (95.4-96.5 F) despite healthy eating and drinking patterns and no excessive exercise
-Rapid heart rate upon standing or quick postoral changes. Have felt skippy/jumpy heart feelings, but nothing that has a pattern of is long lasting (more than 10 seconds)
-Cold, cold, cold! Feet and hands will go numb with a drop in temp, but the drop is never correlated with any specific event
-general "run down" feeling
-low-ish heart rate (in the 48-73 bpm range)

more concerning is the tiredness. I woke up today after getting a full nights sleep and spent the entire day in the house studying for class. I ended up taking a two hour nap by 3pm. I have never fallen into such a deep sleep during the day. I literally could not move and ended up making my arms fall asleep and start tingling because I was sleeping too long on top of them. My breath was heavy and it seemed in the times that I was barley awake that I was struggling for air.

I know that the symptoms that I have mentioned will fit the bill for either Anemia or a thyroid disorder. Does anyone know if these symptoms better fit one as opposed to the other? Is it necessary to get a blood test asap or can I wait this out a little while longer?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Re: Anemia or Thyroid? Getting a little concerned...

The symptoms you describe can be from thyroid problems. You need to get your thyroid tested to be sure.

Also try the Thyroid Disorders here on Healthboards.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
anemia, dizzy, low temperature, thyroid, tired