It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 04:57 AM   #1
(female)

Leegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB User
Just one blood test for anemia????

Does a standard blood test that one would get with a yearly physical indicate if a person is anemic? In other words, if this blood test is normal, are there other blood tests for anemia that one can suggest to their doctor they take, if the patient feels they may be anemic? Thanks for any info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Heatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB User
Re: Just one blood test for anemia????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegh View Post
Does a standard blood test that one would get with a yearly physical indicate if a person is anemic? In other words, if this blood test is normal, are there other blood tests for anemia that one can suggest to their doctor they take, if the patient feels they may be anemic? Thanks for any info.
Yes pretty much, the things your Dr. would be looking at are hemoglobin, hematocrit, iron serum, and ferritin. Look for them on your labs, if they aren't on there ask for them . I know the hematocrit and hemoglobin are pretty standard but I don't know if all Dr's run the iron serum and ferritin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply