It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
(male)

Ivebeenbetter HB User
Breathlessness

Does anybody else here suffer from this? Some days I'm fine and some I'm constantly "sighing" and I feel as if I'm not getting enough oxygen...

Old 10-15-2012, 02:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Re: Breathlessness

Yes I do and the heartpounding to go with it, and when it is very quiet can hear pulse sound in my ears.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
(male)

Ivebeenbetter HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady50 View Post
Yes I do and the heartpounding to go with it, and when it is very quiet can hear pulse sound in my ears.
Hmm, I don't have the heart pounding but when I go to sleep I tend to jerk awake....it's interesting how different the symptoms everyone experiences are.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Heatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB User

I do. It's funny you say that about the oxygen because it's one of the ways I describe my symptoms to my Dr. I just feel like I can't breath and am not getting enough oxygen. I get the heavy heart thumping on occasion too.

Oh lady I get the pulse to, lately I can feel my brain pulsing if that even makes sense. Like thumps.

Last edited by Heatherx5; 10-15-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
(female)

Mariah32 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivebeenbetter View Post
Does anybody else here suffer from this? Some days I'm fine and some I'm constantly "sighing" and I feel as if I'm not getting enough oxygen...
OMG!!!!!!

First of all, this is my first post

Second, finally someone knows what I'm talking about! That's exactly how I feel! It is so strange...comes and goes...not really an exercise-induced issue (since I basically do NO exercise). Went to the dr, he did an EKG...nothing. So I figured after all my googling it was just plain old anxiety.

Fast forward several months, find out I'm anemic (don't know the exact numbers) and the doc is referring me to a hematologist.

I have been fatigued for YEARS! I hope I finally get this straightened out.

How are you doing with yours?

Old 01-26-2013, 04:31 AM   #6
(female)

westphilly HB User

Good morning.

I'm new to the board and new to everything that's happening to me.

I was told I was anemic in 2008 but never told what to do or how to take care of myself. I've been having heavy cycles for years but no symptoms of anemia til a few months ago. I spent countless hours in the emergency room and was told I was having anxiety attacks so I was put on Ativan and Paxil. I saw a nurse practitioner and she went thru my records discovering the anemia diognosis. She put me on 324 mgs of ferrous sulfate 2x per day. This was the end of November. I didn't know there were some things I couldn't eat or drink while taking the FS so absorption ? was limited. So now I'm taking the FS the right way. I feel OK right now but afternoons are rough. Dizziness, foggy, heart rate up. It's frightening but I'm trying to stay calm.

I just want to be normal again. [/LIST]

Reply Reply