It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
(female)

Officerswife HB User
Overwhelmed

Today I had my follow up with my doc. She has ordered a colonoscopy to be done to check for cancer or anything going on there for the low hematocrit and hemoglobin. She's also sending me out to a Hematologist to continue treatment/diagnosis. I got a B12 injection and she ordered more labs.

So with all of that said, it's hitting me pretty hard right now. I'm extremely overwhelmed with it all. And to top it off, my gynecologist called when I got back with an apt to see a local surgeon for a breast "mass" for possible biopsy.

Sigh......

I have been on this medical Rollercoaster for a while and it's exhausting. One minute you brace yourself for the worst and then hope for the best all in the same breath. The doctor forwarding me on, is the same doctor that found something wrong with my husband and forwarded him along to a nephrologist two years ago....which led to an incurable kidney disease. So I've been worried and anything medical has been about him. Now for every focus to be turned on me seems crazy.

Anyone else overwhelmed with this roller coaster ride?

Old 01-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
(female)

ADJLL HB User
Re: Overwhelmed

Yup, I feel like you. I noticed a goiter on my neck in Aug. Had some bloodwork done and they found severe anemia. Started getting severe pain in my abdomen. Went for an ultrasound. Tech said my spleen looked enlarged. Went for a CT scan. Turns out spleen wasn't enlarged but they noticed an abdominal aortic aneurysm. Went for a colonscopy/endoscopy. Found nothing from that. Went for a thyroid ultrasound. Found nodules on both sides of my thyroid. Went for a thyroid biopsy. No indication of cancer on one side but the other side was inconclusive. Now have to go for another biopsy. Also have to see a vascular surgeon about the aneurysm.

Honestly, it may turn out that all of this leads to nothing very serious. My anemia may be caused by irregular, somewhat heavy periods. My goiter may be nothing more than a fluid filled cyst. The aneurysm is small and I may have had it all my life. May never cause a problem.

But this has been quite a roller coaster ride! I was flipping through "how to die with dignity" books at one point. I've always been reasonably healthy and I was blindsided by all this.

However, it's been 5 months since this all started and I'm still alive and kicking so I'm starting to feel more optimistic and hope that this all leads to nothing major.

I hope you find the same thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply