It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
(female)

Cymrygirl HB User
Body aches?

Question for all y'all -- does anyone get all-over body aches by the end of the day? I am wondering if this could be a part of my anemia, or my hypothyroid, or both. When I first started taking iron and B-12, it seemed like the body aches (in my arms, hands, legs, and feet) stopped, but now they seem to be back, and are much more frequent. Before I was diagnosed with both these conditions, I used to come home from work at least once a week with body aches and/or headache, and sometimes so tired that I'd go directly to bed. I haven't had the headache-a-week that I once had, but the body aches are almost daily now. The pains are worst below my elbows/into my hands and fingers, and below my knees/into my feet. I always thought it was a response to releasing stress, kind of like how a stress headache sometimes waits to come on until you're coming down off a stressful day.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
(female)

Cymrygirl HB User
Re: Body aches?

Forgot to add -- The body aches are not in the joints, but seem to be in the muscle. Every time I've described the symptoms to a doctor, they've ordered an arthritis panel, which has always come up negative. Also, along with the aches is the feeling like my arms are radiating heat but are cool to the touch, and feeling like the skin is sensitive like a mild sunburn but with no redness. It doesn't hurt to touch the skin, just a feeling like the skin is sensitive on the surface or something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Heatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB User

I do and have. I get them really bad in my neck, shoulders, arms but I also notice that when I am taking my vitamin D faithfully the pain isn't as bad.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
(female)

Somnambulist HB User

Sometimes I do get a run down achy all over sensation sort of like when you have a really low fever like 99 or something -- just an all over tired and achiness and then it does go away. I have had skin issues as well where it just feels weird and sensitive -- like you said it's not an outright pain, just really sensitive like when I put on long sleeved shirts it feels like you said, a mild sunburn kind of effect. I don't get this too often but I will sometimes have it "out of the blue" (or maybe I'm not paying attention and it only seems that way).

I have chronic stiffness and soreness in my shoulders and chest muscles and when I move I just feel the tugging. I sometimes would get back pain and I do have mild arthritis in my back but it's bearable. Mainly I carry tension in my upper body (head, neck, shoulders, chest, arms.)

Old 01-31-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
(female)

Somnambulist HB User

Sometimes I do get a run down achy all over sensation sort of like when you have a really low fever like 99 or something -- just an all over tired and achiness and then it does go away. I have had skin issues as well where it just feels weird and sensitive -- like you said it's not an outright pain, just really sensitive like when I put on long sleeved shirts it feels like you said, a mild sunburn kind of effect. I don't get this too often but I will sometimes have it "out of the blue" (or maybe I'm not paying attention and it only seems that way).

I have chronic stiffness and soreness in my shoulders and chest muscles and when I move I just feel the tugging. I sometimes would get back pain and I do have mild arthritis in my back but it's bearable. Mainly I carry tension in my upper body (head, neck, shoulders, chest, arms.)

Reply Reply