It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 07:11 AM   #1
(male)

Bezza743 HB User
Too many carbs??? I eat 10-15 weetbix!!!!

Is eating between 10-15 weetbix per day too many...? i am a 17 year old male, 73kg and am 189cm tall. i usually eat between 10-15 weetbix (also known as weetabix in the US) a day but can sometimes eat as many as 20!!!! i usually eat 5 per sitting usually eating 1 bowl for brekkie, one bowl when i get home and one after dinner. i still eat other food during the day such as sandwiches and fruit etc and drink roughly a litre to 2 litre of water a day.. is this too many carbs? one serving of weetbix (2 biscuits) is just under 500kj, so eating 10 would be 2500kj and 15 would be 3750kj. this is of course w/o milk added yet. am i providing my body with too much fibre? somedays at night i have stomach cramps that range from mild to moderate discomfort. could this be from too much gluten, too much fibre, or just too much food being in my stomach at one time? i love weetbix and think that they are a great cereal and i couldnt possibly see myself only eating 2-3 a day, i can eat that in 4-6 bites!!!!! as gross as it sounds but could tapeworms or some other internal parasite be stealing nutrients from my food making me more inclined to eat?
p.s - why is it that i can eat this much energy dense food throughout the day yet feel lethargic and tired? can too much food do this or could i have another condition that causes this?

Old 02-02-2014, 06:05 AM   #2
(female)

Goanna124 HB User
Re: Too many carbs??? I eat 10-15 weetbix!!!!

Hey mate! Im glad to know I'm not the only one with a weetbix addiction haha
Im a 18yo GIRL and i can eat around the same as you, though im not overweight! Im quite athletic so i think my body just constantly requires carbohydrates. There could be several underlying causes to your weetbix eating frenzies. The more obvious causes could be die to diet, excersise level, stress, physical changes (growth) or just boredom. I seem to suffer most at night whilst watching television. However, in itself Weetbix is quite healthy 97% wolegrains and low GI as well as no artificial sweeteners or colors.Seeing that you are living in a first world country i highly doubt you have a parasite 'stealing' your food, unless of course you have travelled abroad recently?

goana124

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
carbs, cereal, diet and nutrition, lethargic, overeating