It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Heatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB User
Anemia and High Blood Pressure

After about a year of suffering from Anemia and I'm just barely connecting the 2. I have had high blood pressure everytime I'm at the Dr. Everytime I use the machines at the store etc. I'm usually right in the middle and up until now I don't even know why I didn't realize that high blood pressure can be a direct result of anemia!

My Dr. has never shown any concern in treating it either, I am dizzy nonstop and yesterday for the first time in months felt like I was going to pass out. I know that having high blood pressure is not something that should be taken lightly so I'm wondering if he's just letting me go like this to see if it clears up with the anemia. Regardless I don't like it and want it treated, now.

How many of you ladies suffer from anemia related high blood pressure and what does your Dr. do to treat it. Is there anything I can do at home, herbal etc that can help me out? Is dizziness a symptom of high blood pressure. Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Re: Anemia and High Blood Pressure

So sorry. I get hbp with anemia.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #3
(female)

GoBears HB User
Re: Anemia and High Blood Pressure

Heather -- I am relatively new to Oregon, and need to find a primary care doctor or hematologist who is interested in chronic anemia. I was getting iron dextran shots up to about 3 years ago, discontinued since I didn't seem to need them any more, and relocated from California. I am feeling horrible lately, and have all the symptoms of being low in iron (yes, have done the oral iron route). Do you like your doctor in Eugene, and can you refer me to anyone in the area? I live in Beaverton and am willing to travel, or pay out of pocket to get this resolved. Thanks!

Reply Reply