It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2013, 01:24 AM   #1
(female)

gina101 HB User
Nationwide shortage of b12 shots?

I went to my Dr today to get my monthly injection of my B12 shot and i was told there is a Nationwide shortage if the medicine, and they have no idea when they can get it again! Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Old 05-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
(female)

alamogal635 HB User
Re: Nationwide shortage of b12 shots?

Had not heard of a B 12 shortage. Just got my monthly prescription filled for B12--I give myself the shots and the pharmacist didn't say anything regarding a shortage. Will be seeing my doctor on Monday and I will check with him.

The Following User Says Thank You to alamogal635 For This Useful Post:
gina101 (05-04-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Hi I just got mine refilled I give myself 2@ week. Didn't hear of any problems but you never know next time. Cathy

The Following User Says Thank You to noevr For This Useful Post:
gina101 (05-04-2013)
Old 05-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
(female)

gina101 HB User

Thank you for your reply. I am still puzzled about hearing no one has any medicine nationwide, and was told to check back daily. I have been getting the shots since Nov of 2011 and expected to feel better right away, the shots help but the last week before time to get it again, i feel exhausted, and all they tell me at my Dr office, it takes a while for it to build up. I have the burning tongue, really bad today almost feel as if my tongue were bit. Not sure if this is even related to the Anemia. I wish you luck and hope everyone who needs the juice (that is what i call it) can get it!

Old 05-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
(female)

alamogal635 HB User

Saw my doctor today and he and his staff haven't heard of a shortage. I hope, for your sake, that you can get B12 in your area of the country. So far, so good though. I wouldn't worry if I were you. Take care.

gina101 (05-07-2013)
Old 05-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
(female)

gina101 HB User

I am still having no luck getting it. Pharmacy only has the 1cc and i called Dr back and asked if i could take that and still waiting for a answer. I live in Ky, and if i knew the name of what i take i would go online and buy it and learn to give it to myself. I hate waiting for a call from Dr.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #7
(female)

gina101 HB User

I got the juice (B12 shot) this morning and starting to feel alive again!

Old 05-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #8
(female)

alamogal635 HB User

The 1cc amount of B12 is what I take. IT certainly does make a difference. How much are you supposed to take? Maybe you could get enough of the 1ccs to amount to whatever dosage you require. I agree with you re waiting for doctors to call back (ugh). If you could get a prescription from your doctor's office, I'm sure you could go online and order it through Walgreens, or another reputable pharmacy. I know Walgreens does mail prescriptions. Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

gina101 (05-11-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 02:56 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

The exhaustion and burning tongue are symptoms of B12 deficiency, and it sounds like you need the injections more often than monthly, maybe every 2-3 weeks. I would ask Dr. for a Rx for a 10cc vial, (around $7.00), check different pharmacies for it, and take your own vial with you when the office is out. Better yet, get instructions on how to do it yourself or find a nurse friend to give them to you.

Reply Reply