It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
(female)

Anon1998 HB User
Question Am I Aneamic? 15 year old girl.

Am i aneamic?
I'm a 15 year old girl, and recently I've been wondering if I've become aneamic. I've had the symptoms for a very long time now; I've been getting head-rush's (Dizziness) for 2 years now, it used to be pretty bad before, where i used to get it about 12 times a day, its cut down alot now - but still there. I'm always feeling weak, tired, sleepy - no matter how much i sleep. Everyday around 4:30 my body feels as if it cant function unless i lie down or nap for a bit, its become a very bad habit which is all due to me becoming too tired. I know triedness is a very big part in aneamia, which is why i'm conserned, is not normal teenage lazy, none of my friends suffer from this much tiredness and find it weird how i'm always sleepy. I think i have tinnitus, as i have this loud noisy ringing in my ear which occurs all the time at night and often has a 'whooshing' sound with it as well. I feel very faint every time i have a blood test, and was prescribed iron tablets at the age of 13. Though it seems like ive got a lot of the symptoms, i need to know of this is anemia or something else? I'm not suffering from depression at all, as i am perfectly happy. very confused with all this, and hoping to find an answer from you, thank you.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
(female)

Smargie HB User
Re: Am I Aneamic? 15 year old girl.

I'm sorry you are going through this. It sounds terrible! You're right--you should have lots of energy at your age. I have a daughter your age and she and her friends have loads of energy, although they DO sleep in very late when allowed.

If you were prescribed iron tablets when you were 13, they must have diagnosed you with anemia at that time. Are you still taking the iron? Have you asked your doctor about this? Do you have copies of your labs? The people on this site are not doctors and can't diagnose you, but if you had some lab results you could post them and you could get some feedback about what's out of balance.

Many of your symptoms do sound like anemia. Can you make yourself an appointment to talk to your doctor? Do you have heavy periods? That kind of blood loss can cause anemia in some women.

Please let us know what happens. Wishing you the best...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
(female)

Anon1998 HB User
Smile Re: Am I Aneamic? 15 year old girl.

Hiya, thank you for your response and help, it did help me a lot when talking to my doctor. I got my blood test results back today and found out I am not anemic, which I was very surprised but relieved to hear.
However i do have very low iron, which is why all the symptoms occurred, i am now on iron tablets again. Thank you again for your response and help x

Old 06-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
(female)

Anon1998 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Am I Aneamic? 15 year old girl.

Hiya, thank you for your response and help, it did help me a lot when talking to my doctor. I got my blood test results back today and found out I am not anemic, which I was very surprised but relieved to hear.
However i do have very low iron, which is why all the symptoms occurred, i am now on iron tablets again. Thank you again for your response and help x

Reply Reply