It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2006, 08:16 PM   #1
(female)

cfusse HB User
Atrial Septal Aneurysm in 35 yr old looking for answers

I found out that I have an Atrial Septal Aneurysm in my heart. My cardiologist looked very concerned when he found out because he said it was quite large. He proceeded to place me on plavix and I was told to follow up with him after I got a cat scan of my head to make sure I wasnt having a stroke or something. I originally went in to see him for some dizziness that I was experiencing and sometimes still am. I will get up and the dizziness doesnt usually hit me until about 3 minuites or more later. I get a lot of headaches and also get migraines. I even had a continuous headache for a period of ten days. During the follow up phone conversation with his nurse, she said that I should stop the plavix and that the physician, after doing some research, decided I did not need to be on the plavix and just to take 325 mg of Aspirin a day. I have a history of cervical cancer, resulting in a hysterectomy, scoliosis and a spinal fusion at c-5/c-6. Not to mention, the other two protruding disks. (Yes, I am a mess!) I cannot find much on what the prognosis may be for the aneurysm. I have so many questions and fears! I have two young children at home. Someone please shed some light for me, please!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2006, 01:51 PM   #2

Buzz HB User
Re: Atrial Septal Aneurysm in 35 yr old looking for answers

I was put on 81mg of aspirin when I found out I had a ASA and was only put on Plavix after a small stroke caused from the pooling of the blood from the cardiomyopathy that I have a atrial septal aneurysm shouldent be a stroke problem as long as it isent leaking at least thats what I was told.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread