It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2006, 02:40 PM   #1
(female)

julieangel HB User
Red face Aneurysm

Could someone please give me a detailed description of cerebral aneurysm symptoms? Where would the headache be? How do you know if it's the worst headache of your life if you're still alive?

I have fairly frequent headaches, at least twice a week. Normally in the morning when I wake, I have a headache above my eyebrows. After standing a while, these will disappear. The other kind I get are much worse. The pain is in my forehead and it makes me want to rub my head really hard. I also have a constant stiff neck and shoulders. (this has been going on for a few years) I hear a crackling sound in my neck when I turn from side to side.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

PearlDoves HB User
Re: Aneurysm

well I know that tightness in the back of your head and neck can cause migraines. I had stenosis of c5-c6 and recently had neck surgery for a fusion, and I never had migrains until my problems starting getting really bad if I can recall correctly. Maybe have an Xray and/or Mri of your neck done to see if anything is going on in there. Physical therapy could potentially help as well. I would speak with your primary doc about your concerns.

Let us know if you are getting any numbness or tingling or heaviness in your limbs at all.

Last edited by PearlDoves; 12-01-2006 at 11:16 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2006, 06:10 PM   #3
(female)

julieangel HB User

Thank you so much. I'm going to look at that board.

Old 11-20-2006, 09:07 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

PearlDoves HB User

I did a quick search on aneurysm symptoms.. you may want to talk to your doc about that too just in case and get tests done for that as well. here are a couple of web sites that talk about symptoms:

[url]http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/cerebral_aneurysm/detail_cerebral_aneurysm.htm[/url]

If it is an aneurysm that is giving you trouble though... you should get in right away for tests. It looks like you'll need a CT done if this is to be investigated.

Good Luck to you and God Bless!

Last edited by WanderingMod; 11-21-2006 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Please read and follow the posting rules. Posting links to commercial websites is not permitted.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

some aneurysms will have no symptoms or very subtle ones.i had some strange head stuff going on but never had any real headaches just some chnges in normal sensations i have had since my spinal cord was injured which really makes defining anything a real pain in the *** these days.you can have a very wide variety of symptoms from headaches,light and bad ones.by the way,when they state that 'worst headache of your life" stuff,this would be when the aneurysm actually would rupture and believe me,from what i was told,you would most definitely know immediately that this was indeed the worst headache of your life.i have lived with some pretty severe migranes for most of my life and was told that the rupture headache would be about ten times that in pain.i am pretty sure now that i would indeed know if it had decided to just let go on me.

i have to say tho,your symptoms really sound much more related to possible c spine involvement and not an actual aneurysm.i am in no way saying that what you have stated could definitely not be aneurysm related,just very unlikely given your symptom descriptions.

the headaches you have described sound more muscular related.if something is within the c spine.like a herniation or even bone spurs or some other issue,this really can **** off the surrounding muscles which can turn into some really hidious headaches.the stiffness and tightness at the back of your neck really is kind of a tip off to this most likely being muscular related,or inflammatory from another source.i have this kind of crap going on almost constantly from the degenerationand other stuff i have going on within my messed up c spine.i usually get trigger point injections like every six months or so just to try and calm down the trigger points(wads of tissue and muscle)that keep on redeveloping from the inflammation inside the c spine.it can effect the muscles within the face and head very dramatically insome cases.the trapezious muscle is a real biggiesince it runs fromt he head down the upper back,and of course the surrounding muscles will all join in for the fun too.

i do think just having this evaluated by your primary with perhaps an MRI done,with contrast on your brain and the c spine would tell you alot about whats really going on inside these areas.a referral to a good neurologist for the headaches would also be a good idea.but if there is indeed something wrong within the c spine or the brain(i highly doubt this tho,but you never know) then i would bypass the neurologist and go directly to a good neurosurgeon just for consultation purposes,they just would be the best to evaluate anything other than just plain headaches that a neurologist would normally do.

hopefully this is merely muscle tension headaches and nothing more,but you just need to be certain of the actual triggers.by the way,women tend to actually carry alot of their stress and tension within the neck areas.go figure.good luck and please keep us posted on how things are going for you.Marcia

Closed Thread