It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2007, 11:57 AM   #16
(female)

ABCmama HB User
Re: How common are brain anuresyms

I have had these type of headaches for the past 10 years, but recently it seems as though its everyday. Sometimes the pain is mild and sometimes more severe. Usually if I lay down or sleep for an hour or more it helps.
Someone suggested Hemicrania Continua, but not sure.
Everyone keeps telling me that if I have had these headaches for the past 10 years and my CT scan came out fine that I shouldnt feel worried.
I am having alot of anxiety and panic latley and am on a beta blocker for my heart rate as well as blood pressure, so not sure if that causes headaches.

Old 01-18-2007, 07:55 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: How common are brain anuresyms

ABC,have you had anymore testing done since the beginning of this thread?a CT can show many things but it cannot get down to the actual arterial level of seeing the blood vessels.a negative CT really dosen't mean a whiole lot when it cannot actually visualize many very real structres within the brain.you DO need that MRA and if you have not actually had one yet,an MRI with contrast.this is what should be done first actually.see what if anything shows on that MRI,then move onto the MRA,or these can also be done at the very same time too.thats up to your doc to order.but telling you everything is actually fine when they haven't really thoroughly checked the brain at every level is really just bad diagnostic work,really.you do deserve some answers here.ifyour doc refuses to help you with this,well its time to move onto a good caring doc who will.they ARE out there,you just have to find the right one.but something needs to change here or you will continue to have to suffer and with no answers.thats very very unfair to do to you.for your types of symptoms,a CT is just woefully inadequate.good luck hon and please keep us posted on how you are doing.i really DO feel for ya.Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2007, 03:00 PM   #18
(female)

ABCmama HB User
Re: How common are brain aneurysms?

Ok, so I went to my primary care doctor today about my headaches. She seemed as though she wanted to brush me off and just give me meds.
I explained to her that I had a CT scan before but I am concerned because my headaches continue and have been more frequent and want further scanning such as MRI/MRA. She told me that if the CT scan came back fine that there isnt much diffference from an MRI. I couldnt believe it! Where the heck did she go for med school? Anyhow I began trying to explain more of my syptoms and why it was of concern and she cut me off and said "ok, I will just refer you to a Neurologist" But it seemed as though it was more just to shut me up and get me out of there, so I was a bit bothered by how cold she seemed but relived that I will be refered to someone that can be more of a help for my headache issue.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:21 AM   #19
(female)

cdnsnolady HB User
Re: How common are brain aneurysms?

I had an aneurysm with virtually no symptoms. Any headaches I had were usually allergy-related. My family has a history of aneurisms on the female side. However a few years ago my nephew suddenly died of one, so we all had MRI's and mine was discovered. I had neurosurgery, but blood left on site so stroke-like effect, which constant physio has improved. MRI's are more definitive , but a different nephew had brain tumor found by CAT scan, too..he had surgery and is fine,,working, married. etc. My daughter's migraines are hormone-based and premenstrual.

Last edited by cdnsnolady; 10-02-2007 at 08:04 AM.

Closed Thread