It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2007, 07:05 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User
Aortic Aneurysm?

I am a 22 year old female who has been having upper abdomen pain for the past 5 days. I went to the ER about it and they did only blood tests of the digestive track and it was all normal. They also listened to my stomach with the stethascope. I think I ****** too much - because I found something called an aortic aneurysm and now I'm scared silly. Would the doc have heard funny pulses coming from my stomach if they suspected an aortic aneurysm? I have an ultrasound friday to check my digestive track . . . any help guys will really ease my mind. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this! =)

God bless!

Old 07-25-2007, 07:31 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User
Re: Aortic Aneurysm?

Please, anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2007, 08:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by B143C View Post
I am a 22 year old female who has been having upper abdomen pain for the past 5 days. I went to the ER about it and they did only blood tests of the digestive track and it was all normal. They also listened to my stomach with the stethascope. I think I ****** too much - because I found something called an aortic aneurysm and now I'm scared silly. Would the doc have heard funny pulses coming from my stomach if they suspected an aortic aneurysm? I have an ultrasound friday to check my digestive track . . . any help guys will really ease my mind. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this! =)

God bless!
B143C, as it relates to a heart a stethoscope listens to blood flow through the heart valves. There is a distinquishing sound as blood flow through the heart valves, and a specific sound if there is any abnormal backflow.

Often the aortic aneurysm is at the root and there is an abnormal gradient pressure producing a different sound. There can be gradient pressure anywhere on the aorta that could indicate an aneurysm. There will be gradient pressure where there is an increasing and decreasing difference of a structual abnormality. I doubt it is an aneursym...could be a blockage affecting bowel movement and digestion irregularity...that would produce abnormal sounds, no sound or an infrequent sound. An echo will provide visibility to the area in question.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:46 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User

Thanks Ken Keith! God bless you for answering! =) It really eased my mind. They listened to my tummy - I guess that was why. She didn't say anything about it sounding weird. She just said that she thought it was digestive related. I go tomorrow for an ultrasound. I think I may just be overworried! I'm bad about looking things up online. I need to stop that I think! =)

What worried me most was I found a lump on my stomach that has a pulse. I am very thin though and only 107. ( The lump moves around and hurts to press on) I've had a cat scan for a very similar lump in the same place a year ago and it showed that it was just digestive material passing thru my intestines because I am so small. Could that be still what it is? Don't this type of thing usually develop over years?

Old 07-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

TWA1022 HB User

The internet is the devil!!! I thought I had an aortic aneurysm when I was pregnant. I was having weird abdominal symptoms and when I researched the internet aortic aneurysm kept coming up! I went through the same thing about a year ago....right before my son was born. I just read your reply to me and it seems like the 2 of us have a lot in common. How old is your child? Tommy will be a year in August.

Shell

Old 07-26-2007, 01:38 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User

Wow a little almost one year old! =) How cute! We actually have three . . . we had them all very young. Our oldest is 6, middle child is 4 and Emmy is 2. Yes - we do have a lot in common! =) I worry too much I think! =) I tend to make mountains of mole hills. I think we would both need to learn to listen to our doctors and trust that God will work it all out. Sometimes we moms tend to worry alot. =) I will keep you in my prayers - I'm sure we'll be feeling better soon!

PS the * things in my first post on this weren't bad words . . . I guess you can't mention names of search engines. =)

Old 07-27-2007, 04:30 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

B143C...

I also doubt that they uncovered an aortic aneurism with a stethescope...possible though.

Probably the echogram will find all is well.

Let us know.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User

Thanks, Lenin. This sets my mind at ease. Thanks for answering. God bless!

Closed Thread