It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2008, 03:05 AM   #1
(female)

Birdbreath HB User
Aneurysm?

Hi there,

I have been having a pain on the top of my head that I can feel inside of my head the past couple days. It's a sharp but not too bad shooting pain that comes for a little while. I think I am getting sick though, so that kinda seems like it might be going along with my body aches, because the body aches always trigger my weak areas - but then again, why my head?

My ear feels a little deaf too on that side, but then again, my ear is a little deaf on that side (noise-induced hearing loss).

I am worried that I have an anuerysm, possibly a brain tumor. I've always thought I might have a brain tumor since I was about 12. I've always had feelings of not being real, a lot of mental illness. I know sometimes brain tumors can cause mental illness.

Anyway, now I'm worried though about this pain in my head. Does it sound like an aneurysm? I am going to freak out now and be afraid to go to sleep for fear that I will die in my sleep.

Thanks for any input.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Aneurysm?

first of all,i am wondering just why you have always felt like you actually have a brain tumor?did something occur back then that made you feel this way?brain tumors,while likely are really not as common as you may think,even brain aneurysms too.i recently had one but i am also at high risk for getting them because of a certain type of kidney disease i have.it just goes along with it i guess.

the big thing with any type of a 'something" that could be in someones brain,every persons actual symptoms vary widely from one to the other.my aneurysm actually gave me no real head pain at all,just these really hot flushes of heat that started at the top of my head and then just flushed down the back of my head.that was really about the only big symptom i had with mine.you mentioned that you think you are sick right now too?head pain from alot of different types of viruses or conditions are not all that uncommon.i would however see your doc if these headaches don;t stop.they should be checked out just to be safe.but honestly,your real chances of having wither one of the things you mentioned are really pretty rare when compared with the population as a whole,you know what i mean?

have you ever been actually Dxed with any type of mental illness or mood disorders?these types of conditions can bring on a host of 'feelings' about alot of things at times.my son has a bi polar disorder and i suffer from depression.believe me,you can "feel' alot of different things when something is actually chemically 'off" within our brains.sometimes out perceptions of even ourselves can be a bit off too. i would really honestly see your doc about all of this,it really does appear that you are over worrying about things(and for a very long time too)that have a very slim chance of ever really occuring in you.this does need to be discussed with your doc.just tell him or her what you have stated here.your doc really should be made aware so he can get the right type of treatment plans in place.believe me,this could be the best thing you ever did for yourself.alot of people have certain chemicals in their brains that simply run too low or too high,which can casue alot of problems in us.you just need to know and try and understand what is really going on with you.just letting your doc actually know what you have been dealing with all these years will feel like a big load has been taken off you,tust me on that one.just have a very open and honest discussion with him or her.they are there to help you ya know?i do hope things get better for you soon.please let me know how you are doing,K? Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread