It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Aneurysm -brain

Hi guys. Many of you know I have had migratory pains that jump around my body (finger, toe, ankle) that can stab for a minute then move on, muscle twitching, tingling in foot, vibrating in foot, and now I have had eye pains and ongoing right sided headache.

Well, they found stenosis on my c4/5 which is protruding on the surface of my ventral spinal cord. My dr (one of many!) does NOT think this is the issue for my pains etc, also my dr said neck issues work from top down, so it would NOT be the cause of my eye pains or headache.

I know this may sound irrational but I am scared maybe its a brain aneurysm? I had an MRI of my brain about 1 month ago or so, but it was without contrast. SO that would NOT show an aneurysm.

Thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2008, 07:54 PM   #2
(female)

Nicole74 HB UserNicole74 HB User
Re: Aneurysm -brain

I've gotten 7 full blown migraines since my inital injury a just over a month ago. Many times the pain starts at the base of my neck and will travel to the temples or behind my eyes. I've told the NS today and he said it was a symptom of a spinal cord compression.

Last edited by Nicole74; 10-23-2008 at 07:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Thansk so much for sharing

Old 10-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #4
(female)

gotparrots HB Usergotparrots HB User

Those of us with neck problems have experienced some very strange headaches and facial pains (I have, anyway) and a neurologist once told me that sometimes neck pain does go upward and not just downward.

My neurosurgeon, however, told me that the eye and facial tics I had developed before surgery were not related to my neck, but they immediately went away after my neck surgery.

Apparently a lot of doctors believe there's no such thing as head pain referred from problems in the neck, but here's an article from a doctor at Massachusetts General Hospital / Harvard Medical School who does believe this is possible. The article says it usually seems to relate to the C2, C3, or C4 nerve roots and that this happens four times more often in women than in men.

(This link doesn't work, but you can cut and paste it into your browser window to read the article.)

[url]http://www.painmanagementrounds.org/crus/painmgt_08.pdf[/url]

While searching for information on the relationship between head pain and neck pain, I also found quite a bit of information provided by people who practice alternative medicine and from dentists and oral surgeons, who apparently have noticed a connection between neck pain and jaw pain, and vice versa.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Wow thanks for responding. Of course I got scared when the dr said head and eye pains would have no relation. I also get twitches ALL over my body which is odd, and pains in my left hand (random fingers) and feet.

Would an MRI show issues with the nerves? I did have an EMG and there was no nerve "damage"

Funny thing is I have no neck pain!

Old 10-26-2008, 08:40 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

hi k2,i did respond to your question about the aneurysm in the brain boards just so you know. in order to just either confirm or ease your mind,please talk to your doc who ordered that original MRI and ask for that MRA hon. it would just show all the arterial vascular structures that aneurysm can form in very clearly. this is what i would do in your posistion. it WOULD be able to tell right there just seeing the vascular structures. it is really no different than a basic MRI in what you would have to do. everything gets done with changes at the tech end. you just lie there like with the MRI. but this one test would confirm it or send you in another direction of testing. but at least you will know for certain,ya know?
all your EMG showed is that you have nothing impairing/impeding that nerve flow within the nerves of the specific area tested(not the best test for many reasons tho). just where did they do this in relation to your body? was this done on that hand perhaps?

i am wondering just how much real compression is actually pressing against your cord considering the findings. this could be the sole reason for what you are feeling. it all comes down to just how much true affect that disc is exerting upon your cord as to whether or not the random all over symptoms could be stemming from this. whether or not an MRI would actually pick up actual nerves is kind of dependant upon where they are and how prominant they are. it does show alot of the outlets and the foramens where the nerves run thru,but the actual nerves showing up themsleves sometimes would take higher magnetism with like a 3 tesla or '3 T" scan. it just has three times the magnetism of the standard MRI. it gets a bit deeper and clearer pics.

for right now,just to either rule an aneurysm in or out,all it would take is that simple MRA at this point. it does sound like this is really really worrying you,so get it tested and just see. you just never know what will show up with the right test. like i mentioned to you before,my aneurysm never showed up on the MRI they did,only the MRA and the 3 T scan i had to have(and mine was WITHOUT contrast becasue of my kidney disease). if you have MRA WITH contrast added i would think it would actually show any level of possible arterial malformation. its all just right there with no soft tissue structures to hide it. this is just what i would do right now if this were me k2. just speak with your doc. hopefuly this is all just from your area of cord compression,which would explain alot. good luck and please keep us posted. marcia

Old 10-26-2008, 11:03 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Thank you for your response. I had an EMG done of my hands, arms and legs, it was great.

The compression is mild to moderate.

The other odd thing I have is a bruise like pain that hits the right side of my spine right above my bra strap, I feel it more if I bend my back. This too has been felt for months. They did a full spine MRI and all they saw in my middle back is slight DDD (not sure if it is the exact area or not)

Thanks again. Just worried as I dont knwo what could cause all of this neuro stuff.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:41 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

just push to get the needs met k2. just having that contrasted MRI/MRA would be able to tell you alot in one test period. it would let you know what it is that YOU want to know. very simple too. please keep me posted. Marcia

Closed Thread