It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User
Would an Aneurysm cause this?

had a bad one sided headache last week with vision changes and eye issues. The doctor ordered a CT with no contrast. It was normal. My eye pressure was normal and so was my dilated retina eye exam.

The ER doctor that I saw to assess the headache said to give it a week to go away and if it didn't I might want to get an MRI. My doctor seems to think that everything is fine.

My symptoms are still there just not nearly as bad and now they come and go. The eye issues are almost completely gone most of the time.

If this were an aneurysm would the symptoms likely stay and get worser instead of coming and going and improving?

That's my main concern. I'm a mommy of three little ones and all this worry is making it difficult for me to focus. (They are all sick this week.) I want to be the best mommy I can be! Can anyone offer any advice on this? Could this be aneurysm or would the symptoms not be improving at all if it were caused by something of this magnitude?

Old 05-26-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
(male)

blues1986 HB User
Re: Would an Aneurysm cause this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B143C View Post
had a bad one sided headache last week with vision changes and eye issues. The doctor ordered a CT with no contrast. It was normal. My eye pressure was normal and so was my dilated retina eye exam.

The ER doctor that I saw to assess the headache said to give it a week to go away and if it didn't I might want to get an MRI. My doctor seems to think that everything is fine.

My symptoms are still there just not nearly as bad and now they come and go. The eye issues are almost completely gone most of the time.

If this were an aneurysm would the symptoms likely stay and get worser instead of coming and going and improving?

That's my main concern. I'm a mommy of three little ones and all this worry is making it difficult for me to focus. (They are all sick this week.) I want to be the best mommy I can be! Can anyone offer any advice on this? Could this be aneurysm or would the symptoms not be improving at all if it were caused by something of this magnitude?
If it was an aneurysm I am pretty sure you would feel it. Most people who unfortunately have an aneurysm describe it as the worst headache ever. Also, typically they do not get better over time, they get worse. The mere fact that a week later you are still functioning should tell you it probably is not an aneurysm. It could be countless other things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User

Thanks so much Blues for taking the time to answer. Very comforting to know! Thanks again and God bless!

Old 05-31-2009, 06:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

I think when the aneurysm gets to the point that it is unbearable, "not that any headache is really bearable," but I think with this, it means it's ruptured, and you will in no question run to the ER because of it, my last aunt that died because of this, the pain kept getting worse until it finally ruptured. A CT would typically show whether or not you have an aneurysm. I guess other possible serious causes could be a brain tumor or a stroke, however I think your in good shape if your CT was okay, an MRI would not probably hurt anything to have done though. Sometimes a CT misses things. And I hear they are more acurate with contrast dye. A cluster headache will occur to one side but it's the vision changes with it that sounds worrysome.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User

Thanks, Neveragain! I will discuss this with my doctor as I'm still having the pain in that one paticular spot. I notice it gets worse with stress.

Closed Thread