It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2009, 06:27 AM   #1
(female)

myaro HB User
heart aneurysm

I had a TIA in 1999 (mini-stroke). ECG have shown in the past that I have a weak left ventricle, but it wasn't really a worry. I've been in and out of hospital with palpitations, shortness of breath. Now, last week, I had another ECG and to my surprise, my left ventricle is even worse, the ejection fraction has gone down to 20% (normal 50-70%). Even more frightening than that is there is a large apical aneurysms on the heart. I'm going privately with cardiac care now because I've been lost through the public system before. There's talk of commencing Warfarin, yet again. Lots of other drugs to somehow reduce any further damage to the left ventricle. I'm heading for chronic heart failure, I'm only 43. The strange thing doctors have found, I have perfect functioning coronary arteries, right ventricle is normal too. Does anyone know of any similar stories or have something similar?

Old 08-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Fizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB User
Re: heart aneurysm

I responded to your post on Patsy's thread with some questions, but didn't see this thread which answers most of what I asked.

I have an apical aneurism also. It resulted from extensive damage to my left ventricle caused by an MI. I've had it for 35 years. My EF is 25% on a good day. But it's been that way for a long time and I function quite normally.

So wait and see what the doctors recommend and don't panic.

Bill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2009, 01:09 AM   #3
(female)

myaro HB User
Re: heart aneurysm

Hi Bill, thanks for your information. I would like to know, if you don't mind me asking, what treatment are you on for this? My concern is only due to past history of stroke like symptoms and knowing what this feels like and to have survived it once. I don't know whether I will the next time it happens. The apical aneurysm is in the large catagory and my heart walls are severely thinned with only 3/4 of the LV working at all. I'm sorry if I sound like I am worrying too much, but I have 2 kids, one who suffers anxiety and OCD, I need to be there for her. I hope you are keeping well

Closed Thread