It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
(male)

ImSad HB User
Do I have an unruptured brain aneurysm?

Yes, I went to the doctor, but he just told me to wait. =(

For the past four days now I've had a constant pain in my head that won't go away and I've tried Tylenol and it doesn't seem to go away. I've tried sleeping and resting for hours, and it still won't go away because I find myself with the pain when I wake up.

The pain isn't necessarily "killing me" to a point where it is unbearable, but it does indeed hurt and it's very uncomfortable that I've been constantly feeling like this. Makes me feel like I don't want to do anything.

-No vomiting
-Doctor says my eyes look fine
-Blood pressure looks fine
-No fever
-I'm 17 years old, not overweight but a bit skinny

Does this sound like I'd have an unruptured brain aneurysm?

Last edited by ImSad; 10-19-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User
Re: Do I have an unruptured brain aneurysm?

No, it sounds like you are spending or have spent too much time on the computer and your brain needs to rest. Your eyes too. If I stay on the computer for days on end I get a terrible headache. It helps to just take a break because it will be there when you get back! If you have any other symptoms, let me know. Did your doctor order a blood test? Sincerely, searchin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #3
(male)

ImSad HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searchin View Post
No, it sounds like you are spending or have spent too much time on the computer and your brain needs to rest. Your eyes too. If I stay on the computer for days on end I get a terrible headache. It helps to just take a break because it will be there when you get back! If you have any other symptoms, let me know. Did your doctor order a blood test? Sincerely, searchin
Honestly, I would love if that was the problem, but I really believe it's not.

I really doubt it's eye strain. I have spent more time on the computer in the past and have never had problems. In fact, I was hardly on the computer at all when I started having this head pain.

Last edited by ImSad; 10-19-2010 at 07:48 PM.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #4
(female)

HeavenSent4Love HB User
Lightbulb Re: Do I have an unruptured brain aneurysm?

It sounds like what I go though- sound like your brain is leaking fluid- If you leave a migraine go for so long this can happen over time. Also it can happen with cluster headaches as well. My brain leaks a lot of the time now days- If it is that you will be put on meds and it will help fix the leak. If it is not that- it also sounds like you have a stress headache and those are painful as well. But, you do not have an aneurysm- you would know if you had one of those you would be in a lot of pain and also the doctors would have known right away and you would not be home you would be in the hospital having surgery done to get it fixed before it pops

Last edited by Administrator; 10-20-2010 at 09:02 AM. Reason: don't diagnose

Old 10-19-2010, 11:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User

Do you grit your teeth or grind your jaws that you know of? I was trying to give you the least thing it could be. Seriously, there would be a change in your eyes that the docs would have seen if you had an aneuryism. Try taking a hot shower and get right into bed in a very dark room. Try to get uninterrupted sleep. When you get into bed do some deep breathing. Just a little at first. Hopefully, you can then relax somewhat. I wish you well. searchin

Old 10-20-2010, 10:08 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

i have been getting migrane since i was 13 yrs old and am now 49(and STILL am getting the lil SOBs) and i do not have, nor does any of my many family members who also get migrane ever any type of CSF leak(there too are inherited in me), but i HAVE had an annie develop in 05 with absolutely NO headpain what so ever. just heat "flushes that would start at the very mid top of my head, then flush down the back of it and dissipate into my c spine. that really was my only aneurysm symptom. some annies will show NO symptoms at all depending. it was my really experienced NS who sent me for a needed MRA to simply look very closely at ONLY the arteries within my brain that even found my then still pretty small annie right smack in the bend of an artery. freaked me out let me tell ya since you just NEVER expect THAT when you really are not showing what we 'feel" would be actual symptoms of something? i honestly had no clue since my uncontrasted MRI never showed it, but if i had been able to have contrast used, it may have been seen upon my MRI? i have kidney disease and simply cannot use contrast dye. the kidney disease was another suprise that never showed in my labs but ONLY upon an ultrasound scan too.

no one really knows what is inside their own bodies til at least some type of basic evaluating and less invasive testing gets done, then if nothing shows or an 'indicator pops up, then the much more in depth types of testing gets done(scans) that can actually at least get some better "inner looks' into any given area. thats just how we are and how our individual selves simply are as far as actually showing true symptoms of things or not show symptoms, ya know what i mean? you just have to be very careful in how we word things here and never say never or always or just 'can't' be' something when we NEVER have enough info and are not docs either here? this is advice/opinions that just help guide someone to the right places to actually find out what the problem(s) may be?

imsad? while i am sure your headpain is probably making your life miserable right now, what exactly did your doc actually tell you he is thinking this is from? or did you just happen to see your eye doc before this and he said your eyes were fine? if you have not yet seen any doc for what you are experiencing right now and the past few days, you really DO need to have the headpain evaluated, soon.

most docs would really look at the most common reasons for what any patient is simply experiencing, test, then rule out and move on up the list. its just how any real solid Dx gets made. but you should not have to suffer with ongoing pain, and that is the bigger reason to simply get this evaluated by your doc right now. perhaps if this IS the most common reason for headpain, muscular. getting any type of massage therepy/PT and seeing if that makes a real difference would help to just begin with. millions of people every day suffer with alot of various types/locations of headpain from a muscular source of some kind, since this can be created by things like stress and also posture too among other things, that also can impact muscle too.

if you could simply describe exactly where and what this pain feels like to you(aching, throbbing, tightness, strain, sharp or dull ache, ya get the idea?), it really would help. is this base of skull and like into the neck type or across your forehead or surrounding your whole head or what exactly? is there anything you have tried like ice, heat, tylenol, advil or aleeve that has ever made the headpain go away or at least taken the edge off when tried? this all does matter, and it is what your doc will also ask whenyou make that appt to have yourself looked at here.

they will start with the more common reasons and see what shows up or gets found out,then move up the list of possibles with aneurysmand possible CSF leak being wayyy more towards the far end of that list with sooo many other real solid not so scarey reasons for what youa are actually feeling here,ya know? the overall likleyhood of someone your age having an actual aneurysm is very very small when compared to other much much more common reasons, K? while not impossible, just very very highly unlikely. i would not even think about THAT one at all right now. just wait and see what your doc thinks, and if he feels he wants to get a good looksee in your brain, he can order a good contrasted MRI to do just that too. but leave the diagnosing up to your doc who simply knows you the best and actually knows your individual medical history and your families too. those things are much more important in this type of situation than thinking the worse case scenerios, ya know what i mean?

but DO see your primary to help figure this out imsad, K? and please DO let us know what you find out. good luck hon, FB

Last edited by Administrator; 10-20-2010 at 12:45 PM.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
(male)

ImSad HB User

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm probably going to see another doctor tomorrow.

The pain is still there.

The first doctor I went to suspected a migraine, but I'm not sure about that. I'm not sensitive to light, nor am I vomiting. And the pain isn't really on one side of my head. Does anybody else think it's a migraine? I've never had this type of a headache before, but I've been having it for almost a week now.

Quote:
Do you grit your teeth or grind your jaws that you know of?
No, I never do that.

Last edited by ImSad; 10-20-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Good Luck with the doctor. I hope you get some answers. I am hoping all it is is a migraine. You need some neurological testing and an MRI. searchin

Old 02-17-2011, 07:41 PM   #9
(female)

Pame1a HB User

You absolutely would NOT necessarily know if you have a brain aneurysm! And doctors DON'T know unless they perform the appropriate scan. My mother died at 52 years suddenly in the shower of a massive brain aneurysm and never had any symptoms at all. Subsequently, since her death I have been screened and I too have a small aneurysm in my brain that is now being monitored, and I too have no symptoms at all. Aneurysms are very rare but that being said about 5% of the population goes around with small ones in their brains that they never know about and that never affect their lives whatsoever. When they reach a certain size, they then become dangerous and can start giving you warning signs. But even the dangerous ones can go undetected. Although I doubt what you have is anything to do with an aneurysm (sounds like a bad headache or migraine) If you have any history of aneurysms in your family, or even strokes, you can ask for a an MRI or CAT scan for screening as I did. If nothing else it will put your mind at ease. And if they do find anything, as in my case, at least they can monitor it and if it gets to a dangerous size they can try to fix it. Better than no hope at all. My mother may have died but she saved my life.

Closed Thread