It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
(male)

ChuckHere HB User
Years Later, How are we doing?

Hello All
Question I have is how are you doing after your brain aneurysm? I know people that have been clipped and are doing fine today. Please list when you had it, how it was treated, and how are your doing today. What has changed?

ChuckHere

Old 07-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
(female)

mooniewolf HB User
Re: Years Later, How are we doing?

I had a giant aneurysm 5 & a half years ago. It was discovered before it ruptured, due to pressing on my optic nerve & causing vision problems. The treatment was a deliberate occulsion of the right ICA. After that operation I suffered a mild stroke. However after a month in rehab I regained most of my mobility. So the surgery changed my life forever. But I now appreciate life much more.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
(female)

Flavorchick HB User

Chuck,
7 years ago I had a 5mm aneurysm treated with a GDC coil. Once I was past the surgery and extreme emotional aftermath (that feeling of "OMG, I might have died!), I've been fine. 5 follow-up brain MRIs and my doc deemed me "cured" earlier this year. I don't even think about it every day anymore. Plus, it's put my fear of breast cancer in perspective. I'm more balanced these days.
J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckHere View Post
Hello All
Question I have is how are you doing after your brain aneurysm? I know people that have been clipped and are doing fine today. Please list when you had it, how it was treated, and how are your doing today. What has changed?

ChuckHere

Old 07-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
(male)

ChuckHere HB User

J.

Glad to here you are doing much better. It has been almost 8 years since my surgury where I had two clips installed. I know I am a very lucky person to have come out the way I have. I feel like I have to fill everyday with work and hobbies because of how quick my life had changed that day.

The coils were not out yet at the time of my surgury. I here they work well with less tramma compared to the surgury.

All is well today, Good luck and many years to you.

Chuck

Old 03-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #5
(female)

Lorac143 HB User

I have 6 aneurysms , in 1986, when I was 36- four were clipped and able was able to return to work then in 1998 I had the one on the right clipped. I had some cognitive problems with memory and had to retire although I can take care of myself completely. I am 64 and have just been diagnosed with a small basilar annie in the back of my head- I will once again start the process with a angiogram in the end of March.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:38 AM   #6
(male)

ChuckHere HB User
Smile Re: Years Later, How are we doing?

Sounds like you have been through alot. But you also sound positive with what you have been through. Stay that way and enjoy everyday! +

Chuck

Old 03-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #7
(female)

studey2 HB User

dxs with a L MCA fusiform aneurysm in 2001 started growing in 2004 and kept growing a few mm every few months so in Jan 2005 Had a stent placed. Had a major stroke. But Had TPA right away and it killed the clot. But the stent procedure didn't do what they wanted it to do ( clamp down on the stent ). But the good news it hasn't grown any so some good side effects from the stent procedure. But the bad thing Is the aneurysm is quite large being it is a fusiform (1cm by 10 mm ) and every time my heart palpates (in my brain ) it hits the 5th cranial nerve and is quite painful these last 11 years and have lost some short term memoery with that stroke. So had to quit my beloved job because of my disabikitis. So have had to learn new ways to live , Studey

Old 01-21-2014, 08:29 AM   #8
(male)

noreastah HB User

Figured I'd share even though I had a cerebral hemorrhage. It happened in '04 right after HS graduation. I was swimming from one side of a pool to another under water like i always used to.. came up from the deep end and...holy cow. Made it to my hotel room where i promtly threw up a few times and passed out. Woke up the next morning(luckily) and felt so wierd. Tried eating something which i promptly threw up and the debilitating pain came right back. Ambulance to the hospital...spinal taps..getting prepped for brain surgery..after the 18th spinal taps(ouch) no more blood so they thought it had fixed itself. Had an angiogram to be sure and all was well although I tore the femural stint the next morning and almost bled out at my house!
Lasting effects: frequent cluster head aches, my memory ain't to bad but isn't what it used to be but the one that bothers me the most is I'm allot quieter than i used to be, not like an anxious quiet but a I don't know what to say quiet:/

Reply Reply