It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
(female)

luvablelizzy88 HB User
PAINFUL! water balloon popping sensations in the back of my head

On the surface: I'm a normal 23 year old female in great health....Beneath the surface however, there has been something troubling me ever since I was a young kid (5 years old is about how far I back I can go--and I can remember the first known episode, too!)

Anyway, here's the problem: I have these PAINFUL! water balloon popping sensations in the back of my head--that's the only way I can describe the popping sensation--it's like a water balloon burst!

And, everytime when it happens, the pain feels like someone took a hammer and bashed my head in; there are no warning signs (I can never predict when the next will happen or feel it coming on)...like I said, it's like a water balloon that just "POPS" And, I'm huntched over like someone took a hammer and bashed in the back of my head, then the after the inital pop, it's followed immediately by a warm/burning-leaking sensation.

I can't function because I'm consumed by the pain, which last anywhere from 30mins to 1hour (sometimes longer); The pain requires me to lay down until it goes away and I normally keep my eyes close until it goes away; but I do experience vertigo though...as for other symptoms, I can't remember because I'm consumed by the "head bashing".

It doesn't happen every day or even every week, but anywhere from 4-6ish times a year (with month(s) in between each episode)...and this has been going on for approx 18 years!

I haven't told my family members or friends, because I'm afraid of them judging me that I'm a hypochondriac or just plain crazy; only my current boyfriend knows of my 'condition'...but that was by accident...We were just about to get initmate when "the pop" occurred (talk about a mood-killer). He doesn't know what to do/how to react, but is very concerned since we keep talking of marriage in the near future.

And, just in case you were wondering, it doesn't matter what I'm doing--getting initmate, sitting on the couch watching tv, laying in bed, walking, DRIVING! (I was able to pull over safely), etc. it just happens when it wants to. There's no certain activity that causes it.

I've done some googling and "aneurysm" results comes up, because of the 'water ballooning exploding' part, but it can't be that, because I've been dealing with this for 18 years, right? But then I get stuff like: "sinus popping" or "tendon popping", "a hole in my skull"--but the inflicted persons do not complain of the pain--it's THAT's the part that seperates me, I believe, from the rest--the pain--that's the part that's unbearable and the one major symptom that scares me

Now, I did go to the local ER back in 2008 because it was so bad (the pain didn't seem to go away) and I was so scared, but after a 3 hour wait in the ER, the doctors, after looking at me like I escaped from the nut-house, only took X-rays, told me that I was another migraine sufferer, discharged me with oxy.

I know that an MRI or something like it would be my best bet to see what was/were the underlying causes that an X-ray can't pick up, but I don't have health insurance and I'm unemployed. So, I'm going to ride it out until I'm in a better financial situation; but in the meantime, I wish I could have some clue of what's going on!! UGH!! I can't help but think that the "next pop" would be "the one" (meaning that I'll end up in the hospital from serious complications or just drop over dead)

I'm I crazy hypochondriac or do I have just reasons to be concern??

The following user gives a hug of support to luvablelizzy88:
mooniewolf (07-05-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
(female)

mooniewolf HB User
Re: PAINFUL! water balloon popping sensations in the back of my head

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvablelizzy88 View Post
On the surface: I'm a normal 23 year old female in great health....Beneath the surface however, there has been something troubling me ever since I was a young kid (5 years old is about how far I back I can go--and I can remember the first known episode, too!)

Anyway, here's the problem: I have these PAINFUL! water balloon popping sensations in the back of my head--that's the only way I can describe the popping sensation--it's like a water balloon burst!

And, everytime when it happens, the pain feels like someone took a hammer and bashed my head in; there are no warning signs (I can never predict when the next will happen or feel it coming on)...like I said, it's like a water balloon that just "POPS" And, I'm huntched over like someone took a hammer and bashed in the back of my head, then the after the inital pop, it's followed immediately by a warm/burning-leaking sensation.

I can't function because I'm consumed by the pain, which last anywhere from 30mins to 1hour (sometimes longer); The pain requires me to lay down until it goes away and I normally keep my eyes close until it goes away; but I do experience vertigo though...as for other symptoms, I can't remember because I'm consumed by the "head bashing".

It doesn't happen every day or even every week, but anywhere from 4-6ish times a year (with month(s) in between each episode)...and this has been going on for approx 18 years!

I haven't told my family members or friends, because I'm afraid of them judging me that I'm a hypochondriac or just plain crazy; only my current boyfriend knows of my 'condition'...but that was by accident...We were just about to get initmate when "the pop" occurred (talk about a mood-killer). He doesn't know what to do/how to react, but is very concerned since we keep talking of marriage in the near future.

And, just in case you were wondering, it doesn't matter what I'm doing--getting initmate, sitting on the couch watching tv, laying in bed, walking, DRIVING! (I was able to pull over safely), etc. it just happens when it wants to. There's no certain activity that causes it.

I've done some googling and "aneurysm" results comes up, because of the 'water ballooning exploding' part, but it can't be that, because I've been dealing with this for 18 years, right? But then I get stuff like: "sinus popping" or "tendon popping", "a hole in my skull"--but the inflicted persons do not complain of the pain--it's THAT's the part that seperates me, I believe, from the rest--the pain--that's the part that's unbearable and the one major symptom that scares me

Now, I did go to the local ER back in 2008 because it was so bad (the pain didn't seem to go away) and I was so scared, but after a 3 hour wait in the ER, the doctors, after looking at me like I escaped from the nut-house, only took X-rays, told me that I was another migraine sufferer, discharged me with oxy.

I know that an MRI or something like it would be my best bet to see what was/were the underlying causes that an X-ray can't pick up, but I don't have health insurance and I'm unemployed. So, I'm going to ride it out until I'm in a better financial situation; but in the meantime, I wish I could have some clue of what's going on!! UGH!! I can't help but think that the "next pop" would be "the one" (meaning that I'll end up in the hospital from serious complications or just drop over dead)

I am not a medical person, but I did have an aneurysm. I think if these were a bunch of small aneurysms popping, you'd have had some serious side effects ( such as paralysis, loss of speech ability etc) by now. However, it sounds nasty enough to merit medical attention, & I suggest you try & find a free clinic in your area. Many hospitals offer free treatment to those without a job or insurance, so look into it, or apply before you visit. . Don't give up on yourself.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
(female)

lobolee HB Userlobolee HB Userlobolee HB User
Re: PAINFUL! water balloon popping sensations in the back of my head

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvablelizzy88 View Post

PLEASE go get checked. Do not worry about who might say you are a hypochondriac just get to a, preferrably a neurologist, but a doctor soon. I you have an episode get to an ER immediately so that you can be seen when the syptoms are present. Hugs, lobolee

Closed Thread