It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2011, 07:49 AM   #1
(female)

Nat Attack HB User
Abdominal Aortic Pulse

Bear with me...So, my rheumatologist sent me to a gastroenteroligist for some upper right abdominal pain. He basically told me I was in the wrong place because I also have been urinating a gross amount of blood off and on and apparently should see a urologist instead. However, he went ahead and proceeded to do an examination of my stomach anyway.
He mashed all around but in the center middle-ish part above my navel it really was quite....uncomfortable. It almost felt like he was mashing something firm but yet not firm. I wasn’t going to say anything but then he said, “Your abdominal pulse is REALLY strong.” He just kept saying that over and over...and mashing all around. He was so amazed. I finally said, “Yeah I don’t know what “that” is that you are mashing right there but it hurts.” He just kept on though about my abdominal aortic pulse and feeling my stomach. I thought maybe he was just impressed...I don’t know. Haha. I’ve been able to see the pulsing in my stomach since I had my daughter almost 3 years ago. I never thought of that as being abnormal. My husband had commented on it before, but again..I just thought I had a really good pulse.
The gastroenteroligist never once mentioned anything about an abdominal aortic aneurysm but he did say immediately after examining me that he was sending me for a CT scan “just in case.” I assumed he meant..in case I had some gastro problems. Now I have made the mistake of googling abdominal aortic pulse because I couldn’t get it out of my head, the way he kept going on about it. Haha. Wouldn’t he have given me a heads up though if he thought I had an aneurysm?

Also, I’m only 25. I have played hard in my life and had a lot of accidents, sports injuries, etc. I like to think of myself as pretty healthy though. Except for a list of autoimmune issues and some new neuro issues...haha.. And some chest pains and terrible circulation. I did have a heart murmur as a child and heart disease runs in my family, but no AAA’s. So please just tell me I’m worrying about nothing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
(female)

Nat Attack HB User
Re: Abdominal Aortic Pulse

In case anyone else ever wonders if their doctor suspects and is looking for an AAA without telling them. The answer is yes. Apparently doctors like to look for things and not tell you. And yes you can be a fairly healthy young individual and have an AAA. Hopefully your doctor calls you the same night of the CT to tell you as well though (I will give him that).

Closed Thread